Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am getting a popping noise when driving with the drivers window open. I have a 2022 Cross Sport.
I continued researching after I posted this morning and one person said it’s a known issue and that the dealer will take the headliner down and will tighten the roof rails as that’s what is causing the noise. I thought it is worth a try. I hope it works. Mine just started it and it is popping now nonstop.

·
Registered
2022 Atlas Cross Sport R-Line
49 Posts
Think I have the same issue, but didn’t know how to explain it. Mine is popping when at tilt position. The sound I hear looks like a exhaust heat shield rattle or a bad torque wheel. Only seems to happen on highway and when im taking big curve on right or left

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having same problem from begining on the 2019 Premium.

Now, I've noticed something new wich may point that @Neo5280 has right.

I put a roof tent on and after loading a father and two daughters, one rail almost touched the roof. After removing the tent the rail returned to its original state.

It's only one rail which produce poping noice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well mine is at the dealership now and I was told that VW was well aware of the situation. My sunroof and rail bolts are all tight. Pretty much I have to live with it because there is no fix and not sure if VW is going to get a fix for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts