Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace all the non-LED lights (fog and all interior lighting). Has anyone done this and did you have a shop do it or DIY? If so any recommendations on shops (Atlanta) or bulbs to buy? Any other modifications you did? I did switch out the wheels and rims for Niche 22’s. I am also wanting to wrap the grill in black - if you have let me know. TIA

·
Registered
162 Posts
I did it with bulbs from amazon. Used the DeAuto bulbs for the fogs, but everything else was a pretty standard LED. The exterior bulbs are EASY to change. Some of the interior ones are a bit tough. Especially the 3rd row dome lights and the front row footwell lights. It is all DIY but takes a little patience and a couple of plastic pry tools.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I almost went the deAuto route but found a great option at Autozone. Sylvania LED H8 ZEVO. Easy to install. Come with adapters. $70.00

·
Registered
162 Posts
I tried the DeAuto lights without the adapters and they worked fine. I still use the adapters because, well, I paid for them! Also, with OBD11 I changed the coding to LED fogs too so I really really don't need them!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What did you mean specifically on the last sentence. You don’t need them, what? You changed a coding to LED? What did that do?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, I tried the LED fogs with no adapters and there were no error codes. Plus, I recently changed the coding with OBD11 to set each of the light types (reverse, turns, fogs, etc) to LED so there would not be any errors anyway. I already had LED reverse and turns with no issues so it was not even necessary.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
What "adapters" are you talking about? I have the deAuto fogs, you just plug them in and go. Or, is this related to the flickering some have experienced so they are sending new adapters to help with that or did you code them to be LED?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, the additional resistors that deauto sells to prevent flickering. I tried with and without and didn't see an issue. On top of that I have since coded them to be LED so I really really don't need the adapters!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This..."did it with bulbs from amazon. Used the DeAuto bulbs for the fogs, but everything else was a pretty standard LED. The exterior bulbs are EASY to change. Some of the interior ones are a bit tough. Especially the 3rd row dome lights and the front row footwell lights. It is all DIY but takes a little patience and a couple of plastic pry tools."

I did the same. The deAuto fogs are very good. I've had some trouble with the fans stopping which causes flickering so I am trying a rubber dust cover.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can you please post your coding change? Thanks.
Not sure where I copied these from...

19. Change the fog light type to avoid error code with “LED” fog light (Security access 31347 is required):

1). On Select Control Module screen, click "Select"
2). Select “09-Cent. Elect.”
3). Select “Security Access - 16”, enter the access key: 31347, click "Do it!"
4). Select “Adaptation - 10”, click “Channel” list
5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below 2 channel:
ENG116948-ENG116100-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lasttyp 12
( change “Stored value” {10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer } to -> “New value” { 5 - LED Abblendlicht } )
ENG116948-ENG116105-Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert AB 12
( change “Stored value” {100} to -> “New value” {127} )
ENG116949-ENG116119-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lasttyp 13
( change “Stored value” {10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer } to -> “New value” { 5 - LED Abblendlicht } )
ENG116949-ENG116124-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert AB 13

27. Change rear turn signal light type to LED to avoid error code when using LED light bulb (Security access 31347 is required):

5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below channel:
ENG116954-ENG116214-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lasttyp 18
( change “Stored value” {12 - Blinkleuchten} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED} )
ENG116954-ENG116219-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmwert AB 18
ENG116955-ENG116233-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lasttyp 19
( change “Stored value” {12 - Blinkleuchten} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED})
ENG116955-ENG116238-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmwert AB 19

28. Change reverse light type to LED to avoid error code when using LED light bulb (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below channel:
ENG116964-ENG116404-Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lasttyp 28
( change “Stored value” {9 - allgemeine Gl?hlampe 27W: auch H15} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED} )
ENG116964-ENG116409-Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert AB 28
ENG116965-ENG116423-Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lasttyp 29
( change “Stored value” {9 - allgemeine Gl?hlampe 27W: auch H15} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED})
ENG116965-ENG116428-Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert AB 29

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it with bulbs from amazon. Used the DeAuto bulbs for the fogs, but everything else was a pretty standard LED. The exterior bulbs are EASY to change. Some of the interior ones are a bit tough. Especially the 3rd row dome lights and the front row footwell lights. It is all DIY but takes a little patience and a couple of plastic pry tools.
Do you have any problems with the interior lights staying on very dim when the doors are shut?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Were the factory interior bulbs not sufficient, guess I don't see the need, other than to tweak or tinker. Many items I see people messing with in the code don't seem all that necessary.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why would you even mess with coding for LED exterior when it comes with the harness adapter? Especially if you're not seeing any type of malfunction or flickering

·
Registered
162 Posts
The interior lights I felt were dim and looked bad. No issues with staying on. They go off completely. As for the harness, that's really just a workaround. If don't need it and will probably remove it. I got the harness before I got OBDeleven otherwise I would have skipped the adapter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The interior lights I felt were dim and looked bad. No issues with staying on. They go off completely. As for the harness, that's really just a workaround. If don't need it and will probably remove it. I got the harness before I got OBDeleven otherwise I would have skipped the adapter.
Can you send the link to the LEDs you bought on Amazon

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
  1. [/QUOTE)
These
Check this out: AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 6000K White 168 2825 W5W T10 Wedge 24-... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LHP5WP/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_GQepEb62TTSWA
You have no dimming when doors shut? I'll try them. Thank you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts