Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a light bar behind my grill. I think to put it behind the lower grill it will be a full front end removal correct? I was looking to remove the upper grill and it is not as simple as it is in my GTI. I pulled a bunch of screws and removed the air intake flow thing that has a flap on the back (going to keep that out this weekend, might help with some sound and run like an open air intake, more on that later). I have a 2.0T
I was unable to figure out how to pop out that front grill. Has anyone else looked at this? I'm going to play around with it some more this weekend or perhaps figure out how to get behind the lower grill without pulling the front end off. There is nothing on Youtube, is anyone near Lancaster, PA? I think it would be awesome to get together and make some youtube videos! LMK!

·
Registered
2020 Cross Sport SE V6 R-Line w/Tech
2 Posts
Curious if you got this worked out?

Smith VW had a product they made for what it sounds like you're looking to accomplish, but it was for the Atlas.

Caveats: I'm sure it was for the pre-2021 front fascia upgrade on the Atlas (which is now the same as the X-Sport), but their extensive install videos may give a good idea on how to go about doing this nonetheless.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not gotten to it yet. I dipped wheels and wrapped chrome. I am still trying to figure out how to take the grille off. I did see that and someone did use that mount for a 2020 CS. I would like to have it behind the grille so its not sticking out. I contacted Forge Overland who make this product and asked if they had directions for removing the front grille on a 2020 CS and they do not but I suggested I would like to help them with a prototype. Have not heard back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts