Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

Remote start problem reoccurring after dealer repair.

13K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  Gslimboy 
#1 ·
Remote start doesn't work, check engine illuminates only during the remote start attempt then disappears. Car can be started manually. No low gas light, no low fluids.

This is the second time this has happened, first time into the VW dealer they said it was a faulty fuel level sensor in tank. As per their documentation; Removal of fuel pump assembly, tested and replaced fuel level sensor, oring and hardware, reset readiness code.

It worked fine for about 2 weeks afterwards.

I'm assuming that their original fix was probably not the root cause and what probably corrected it for a short time was the reset of the readiness code, but since original diagnosis was possibly incorrect regarding the initial issue that was causing the CEL and the remote start malfunction I'm unsure what else could be causing it...

Any ideas?

#3 ·
I just got my 2021 atlas cross sport SEL and after two weeks the check engine light came on. they checked it and said something about fuel but the light went out. here i am a week later and i have to go back because the light came back on plus the remote start doesnt work with key fob or app. im thinking about just taking it back to them and turning it in. dont want to be bothered with nonsense.

#4 ·
What work did they perform on it when you first brought it in? Did they replace anything or just reset the code? Did they say you got bad gas or something?

The fuel level sensors is probably what they will try and replace first. That was the first they did on mine.

#9 ·
I wish!! They still have it with no explanation as to what is happening. The person we bought it from bought the same car had the same issue and they replaced the #3 fuel injector and wire harness and said they have not have any issues. The dealer here replaced the #3 fuel injector but has not changed the harness. I think they are waiting for VW to approve it. AT this point I am so sick of this. This is a 40K dollar car to be having issues like this. I'm seriously thinking about the lemon law

#11 ·
With mine they had to get in touch with the VW tech line to get it sorted out. I never actually had a check engine light on, the only faults they found were in the computer but nothing ever actually triggered the check engine light.

What VW dealer are you using presently?

#14 ·
They finally got confirmation from the engineers at VW that there was a bad batch of wire harnesses that was received and they have to be replaced so they ordered one. It will be here this week so they can put it on. The guys we bought the atlas from said they received three atlas in the same shipment and he bought one. The same thing happened to him. Hopefully this is the last of it. I love my my car I just hate the issues they can't figure out. Lol

#18 ·
Well after a week and a half I finally got my car back. Lord willing thats the last time I have to go back for service.
The finally replaced the wire harness. The dealer I bought the car from told us exactly what they needed to do but until Volkswagon engineers told them they did not believe it. Our car apparently was the first one in with that problem her in Orlando.
From what the dealer told us in Alabama. When Covid hit VW slowed down in production and outsourced for parts. The people who they outsourced to produced less than ....lets just say well shoddy products. He knew what was wrong because he bought the exact same car and the same thing happenened.
Just glad to have it home. A month went by I never really enjoyed the car and it hurt me to my heart to have to make a payment LOL

#19 ·
Well after a week and a half I finally got my car back. Lord willing thats the last time I have to go back for service.
The finally replaced the wire harness. The dealer I bought the car from told us exactly what they needed to do but until Volkswagon engineers told them they did not believe it. Our car apparently was the first one in with that problem her in Orlando.
From what the dealer told us in Alabama. When Covid hit VW slowed down in production and outsourced for parts. The people who they outsourced to produced less than ....lets just say well shoddy products. He knew what was wrong because he bought the exact same car and the same thing happenened.
Just glad to have it home. A month went by I never really enjoyed the car and it hurt me to my heart to have to make a payment LOL
Awesome, good news. I think you'll be good now. Now you'll be able to enjoy it fully like how I have been enjoying mine. It is really a pleasure to drive. I hope they allow for radio firmware updates, when I drove my loaner (2021) at the times it was in service i noticed the Bluetooth on the newer model just over all played better with my cell. I'm almost up to my 10,000 mile service so that's probably my only inquiry at the present time.

#26 · (Edited)
So I have a 2021.5 R-line and have had it since June 2021. My vehicle has the same issue with the add-on that convenience or remote 'close windows' does not work as well. I can remote/convenience open them, but cannot close them. On occasion the convenience open and close doors also refuse to work. So far my dealership is at a loss as to cause. I am so tired of this vehicle. 1st the MIB3 random reboot/freezing issues, and now after last MIB3 fix this has cropped up. I am seriously thinking of throwing in the towel and trading for a different vehicle.
UPDATE:
Went in and stayed at dealer for two days, they finally figured that it is Evaporative Emission System pump detecting a leak. TSB 20653514/1.
Seems to be working fine now, and actually running a lot smoother. I have previously complained that the vehicle is jerky and seems to always be shifting higher than it should be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.