Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Atlas SE my question is…I know the rear sensors beep if traffic pulls behind you and in your blind spot, However when I’m backing up like say in my driveway and I get close to my garage it doesn’t beep. Our previous Enclave when we backed into the driveway the camera had the backup green lines then yellow then red but when it hit the red it started beeping and the closer you got the faster and louder it beeped. We had it in to be serviced and they said it isn’t supposed to beep when backing up like to the garage just the camera comes on. They said the only time it beeps is when traffic is crossing behind you or when your in traffic your blind spot will beep. Anyone else notice this. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
You either have the parking sensors or you don't. Sounds like you don't have a trim that includes them (SEL). They look line small circles/coins on your front and rear bumpers if you have them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 Atlas SE my question is…I know the rear sensors beep if traffic pulls behind you and in your blind spot, However when I’m backing up like say in my driveway and I get close to my garage it doesn’t beep. Our previous Enclave when we backed into the driveway the camera had the backup green lines then yellow then red but when it hit the red it started beeping and the closer you got the faster and louder it beeped. We had it in to be serviced and they said it isn’t supposed to beep when backing up like to the garage just the camera comes on. They said the only time it beeps is when traffic is crossing behind you or when your in traffic your blind spot will beep. Anyone else notice this. Thanks
It should beep , when I back into the garage the closer I get to the wall it becomes a steady beep

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe for 2020 you either need at least and SE w/tech package or SEL trim levels to have the parking sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts