Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what combination of buttons I do when my SEL premium Atlas is off for 20 or more minutes, the air in the rear is ALWAYS off when I start her up.

The dealership tried to tell me it was a design but it isn’t because in the SE loaner they gave me it didn’t do this. The rear air could be 72 and the front at 68 and the next morning I started her up and both front and rear air came on.

Yet in my atlas I can sync the air I can have them at different temps etc. every time it’s been off for 20 or more minutes the rear air never comes on unless I manually put it on (yes the auto is on). It isn’t until I hear “Mommy I’m hot” that I realize my kids (4 and 3 months) don’t have air.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My S model is a big pain with this as well. I only have a "Rear off" button that is pointless, as turning them "on" doesn't even turn on the rear vents unless a person is sitting back there to adjust them manually. This is a terrible design as kids cannot turn on vents themselves. It should simply mimic the front fan/air settings when you turn the rear "on". I have never seen a vehicle with such a bad flaw like this. All other vehicles (and I have driven a lot) default to same front settings

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
My S model is a big pain with this as well. I only have a "Rear off" button that is pointless, as turning them "on" doesn't even turn on the rear vents unless a person is sitting back there to adjust them manually. This is a terrible design as kids cannot turn on vents themselves. It should simply mimic the front fan/air settings when you turn the rear "on". I have never seen a vehicle with such a bad flaw like this. All other vehicles (and I have driven a lot) default to same front settings
It's a base-trim model and at some point, you lose convenience features like this. If the base came with all the bells/whistles, what would be the point of upgrading? Each brand does different things w/r to trims - VW often has very good base trims vs. other brands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know if this is relevant, but I discovered today that the rear air doesn't stay on unless the sync is on. Turn off the sync and the rear shuts off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts