Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have a 2019 VW ATLAS SEL for a little over a year now. I’ve experienced multiple problems with the car since ownership. I have had dust boot covers replaced and most recently the steering rack was replaced for a creaking noise when turning the wheel. It went away after rack replaced, now the same noise is back! Also, my drivers side door makes a faint rattling noise at slower speeds and when car shifts during braking. Noise also present when car shuts down, but they tell me that is “characteristic” of the atlas. I have never owned a new car and had to deal with all these problems/noises. The car has to go back in for the steering noise but I’m about to trade it in on a Toyota Highlander. Anyone else have these problems or at the level of frustration I am? Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
On the noise after shutdown - I can say that it is 100% normal/ok and related to springs in the torque converter. Every single Atlas does this and it's just not something you need to worry about. They can't fix it...it's just how it is.

2018 VW Atlas shut down grinding noise - YouTube

On the f. end noise - when things get replaced like this I always think - is it being mis-diagnosed and the dealers are just using the "parts cannon" to throw parts at a problem they can't figure out? Lots of f. end noise issues with folks' Atlases. I can tell you that our '18 was making squeaking/groaning noise at slow speeds over bumps/uneven bits in the road. Just f. strut mounts and I used some silicone spray lube to shut it up.....your comment about the strut dust boots makes me think that's a possible issue that is v. easy to fix. The repeated replacement of the rack is just really strange and you aren't the only one that has this issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I’m hoping to find out Thursday. What’s strange is that the sound did go away after it was replaced. I just hope they figure it out. Don’t want to trade it in but tired of dealing with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts