Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their radiator and have a DIY? Have a leak that sprung half way between Houston and Waco. Drove to Waco VW - they wanted $2K for repair. Drove back to Houston @40mph with the heat on 100% and ordered all parts online delivered for $625 (including radiator support that was probably damaged by the dealership). Would like to see if anyone documented doing this repair. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good point - I haven't explored that option but it would make sense that it could be repaired. I already ordered the parts so I will be replacing - also peace of mind that it is a new part (wife's car and don't want recurring issue - lol).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was a rock / stone from the highway that put a hole in the radiator. I am trying to find a DIY for radiator replacement if someone has one. Otherwise when the parts arrive I may attempt without.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@camcone
I have a 2018 SEL 4Motion 3.6 and have a hole in the radiator - I just received the parts: the lock carrier and radiator / seals and have been looking for a manual. I saw a post of yours where you mentioned you have the manual. Would you be able to tell me where I can source one or would you be able to share?
Thanks so much!
Oliver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts