Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here! 馃憢

I'm debating purchasing two 2019 Execline Atlas'. One has the R-Line package, therefore does not have Park Assist, Area View 360 or power folding mirrors. The other is a non R-Line, therefore comes with these options.

I'm inclined to get the non R-Line as Park Assist appears to be a great feature, especially for my wife who will have a bit of a learning curve in driving a larger SUV like the Atlas.

Can anyone comment on their real world experience with Park Assist? Is it a gimmick or does it work well?

Thanks in advance!

Registered
It works ok. I find that it's a little slow though. If I'm in a "non-pressure" parking situation, it's fine, but sometimes when you are trying to parallel park it on the street getting it to do what you want in a timely manner can be difficult. When you get it to engage, it works nicely though.

Registered
Parking Assist has not been as helpful for me as the Area View 360. Parking with the Area View 360 has always been a breeze.

Registered
I concur. IF the park assist works (both my 19 and 20 required numerous software updates). Since the park assist is based on a binary 1/0 (on or off) algorithm, the parking has to be perfect in order for the park assist to be satisfied. That means equal distance between the left and right lines, front and back as well as initial parameters to successfully engage park assist. So it's not used much.

Now, aerial 360 camera, folding mirrors are used daily. The R line when encompassed with the SEL premium, gives the exterior a sexier more sporty look and larger tires. Prior to 2020, you could not get an SEL, R line with the tech package however, before the covid/chip shortage, the price for the complete premium R line/tech was reasonable.

If I had to do it again, I would stick with the options for Ariel camera, folding mirror and adaptive cruise over any exterior badging and trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts