Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Atlas and we travel to our second home in the Blue Ridge Mountains every few weeks. At night, it is black there as there are no street lights, no "city lights" and only moonlight during good weather. I have found that my backup lights do not give enough brightness to light up the rear when backing up regardless if I use my mirrors or the camera.

Has anyone else found this to be an issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Get the deAuto replacements....crazy bright! You do need to see if the 2019s are replaceable....the 2018 SEL and under were.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also very happy with deAuto for replacement lighting on my 2019 Atlas SEL. Replaced interior lighting, reverse lamps, and fogs will be next, all with very bright deAuto LED's. Check YouTube for additional user input and installation procedures.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, replace the backup lights with LEDs. You can get cheap ones on Amazon to see if you like it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In all honesty I swapped to LED on my reverse lights and it didn't make a big difference I can't speak for the deAUTO brand but I wouldn't expect a big change. The back up camera quality is just horrendous on VW's for some reason.

I have been debating whether or not I should add some lights with a switch for additional reverse lighting will probably look into this in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
In all honesty I swapped to LED on my reverse lights and it didn't make a big difference I can't speak for the deAUTO brand but I wouldn't expect a big change. The back up camera quality is just horrendous on VW's for some reason.

I have been debating whether or not I should add some lights with a switch for additional reverse lighting will probably look into this in the summer.
The deAuto bulbs are insanely bright...the camer is also v. high quality to me. I'll have to make a quick video tonight and post it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The deAuto bulbs are insanely bright...the camer is also v. high quality to me. I'll have to make a quick video tonight and post it.
My 2014 Honda Accords back up camera was by far the best quality camera I have ever seen and my sisters Toyota Highlander is a close second to quality.

I have sat in many cars, suvs and trucks and this camera maybe the worst quality. Day time quality is awful so I know it can't be lighting but maybe your post will change my mind.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bright LEDs definitely improve the backup visibility. I actually think the camera is really good. If you guys think the atlas camera is bad you should see my wife's 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It looks like a 2010 webcam feed.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Here you go...:I knew I had a pic! They will melt you eyes! Worth every penny. Also have a set in my son's Focus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts