Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:
Hey guys sorry for my late reply,
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK confirmed my fears.

I found that
Primary DamageStripped
this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to report:Get Instant Vehicle History Report

Hello everyone
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2019 Volkswagen atlas or anything similar but I'm really interested in this one, unfortunately this car has salvage title and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything else I should be looking out for while doing my inspection day, and I will purchase the car report to see damage and other details.

Things I will be looking out for are
coolant or oil leads
Weird noises coming from the engine
check the transmission for slips and jolt
verify all the electronics are working properly

The asking price is $26,900 and it has 16100 miles with a Salvage Title.
Do you think this car worth the price? Any potential problem in the future?
If you guys have any suggestions on what to check.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle White Speedometer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seeing a "salvage title" should make one go cautiously as you are. Important that you look for water damage. It has been flooding everywhere it seems, including New York where this car is licensed. As you probably imagine, water on the electronics could easily cause damage. Either now or later.
The SEL looks good in the photos. Low miles. Half the price of a new SEL. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it's a salvaged vehicle, you are right to be cautious. Look along the inner fenders in the engine compartment for signs of rippling or misshapen panels. Look under the floor carpeting and in the spare tire well for signs of water ingress. Check the spacing between all the doors and hatches and the body to see that it is uniform. Obviously, drive it, along the length of your typical commute if you are able to. Take it on the highway and stand on the gas to listen to the engine when it's working hard. Do a hard stop (in an empty parking lot if you can) to see that the ABS works as it should. Check that all the interior panels fit snugly with no obvious gaps. Demand a fresh oil and filter change and new transmission fluid as well. If you're happy with it, buy it. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
2022 Cross Sport SE Tech 4Motion
13 Posts
If you’re able to buy a warranty for it, then you should consider it. Without a warranty this thing could bankrupt you trying to repair or diagnose faulty electrical daemons. Read through the posts and you’ll quickly observe that faulty or misbehaving electronics are the number one source of pain. Nice looking car though and the SEL is a nicely appointed trim. Good luck whichever way you decide.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Get a car fax and also see if you can get information from your DMV on the vehicle. Also, see if your local Police Dept can help you. Personally, I don't think that $26,900 is a deal for a four year old car with a salvage title. You should be able to buy a similar one with a good title for about $30- $32K. Don't worry about the mileage, they are well built cars and should run a long time if properly mainatained, Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a car fax and also see if you can get information from your DMV on the vehicle. Also, see if your local Police Dept can help you. Personally, I don't think that $26,900 is a deal for a four year old car with a salvage title. You should be able to buy a similar one with a good title for about $30- $32K. Don't worry about the mileage, they are well built cars and should run a long time if properly mainatained, Good luck!
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm going to get the Carfax and share it with you guys soon. I don't wanna have headache later on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:
Hey guys sorry for my late reply,
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK confirmed my fears.

I found that
Primary DamageStripped
this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to report:Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts