Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2019 Atlas SEL premium 4 motion today. Fortana Red metallic with black wheels. Captains chairs and shetland beige interior. Awesome ride so far....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up my 2019 Atlas SEL premium 4 motion today. Fortana Red metallic with black wheels. Captains chairs and shetland beige interior. Awesome ride so far....
Mine is 10 days new today. Platinum Grey SEL Pre, black wheels and black/brown (2 town) seats. I opted for the bench since it seems to hold 3 normal sized adults just fine. Got it pretty well set up for ME (my key fob). Added a few "extras" after the fact (center console tray, dash board organizer tray, door handle storage bins, weather tech protection all 3 rows and CarGO protection for rear and back row seats). Even deployed "the Net" in the rear. Going to add splash guards and debating on the weathertech window vents. I have a bunch of weathertech stuff on my jeep and after 10 years, they still look great and do their job(s).

The Atlas isn't our primary car (at the moment) but it was purchased to kinda replace our 2011 Town&Country for LONG trips. Though the minivan gets better MPG and can go further on a tank (21gal vs 18), it's edging close to 100k miles and last thing I want is a break down miles from home. First big trip is next week but I did drive it about 80+ miles yesterday to drop wife off at the air port. Road nice, quiet. Handled great. I already have a list of Pro's and Con's I'll post after I get back from our trip but I think it will be a great experience, except stopping every 350-400 miles for fuel and since I don't like to get below half a tank, I will be stopping every few hours I'm sure. :(

My advice is, be careful playing with your cars "setup". Somehow, I've disabled my Alarm activation "beep" and I can't figure out how to turn the darn thing back on. :crying:

Oh, and one more thing, I noticed this the day after I brought it home (and drove it to work the next day, only 3 miles) but with the LANE assistance turned on, if there are curbs on the side of the road and there is a "turn lane" to the right, the car wanted to follow it. Yep, it tired to make me go right thinking the road was turning and I wasn't LOL. I turned the **** thing off in city driving and will turn it on while on the highway. Enjoy your ride, this is my 4th VW (81, 84 Jetta, 2013 Passat TDi SEL Pre -sold back to vw :crying::crying::crying:) They can be a challenge of the wits sometimes but they have great personalities. And something I didn't know but it was pointed out on a Jeep forum. Most people who own a VW or Jeep have both brands. I had 2 Jeeps but just sold one to make room for the VW. Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is 10 days new today. Platinum Grey SEL Pre, black wheels and black/brown (2 town) seats. I opted for the bench since it seems to hold 3 normal sized adults just fine. Got it pretty well set up for ME (my key fob). Added a few "extras" after the fact (center console tray, dash board organizer tray, door handle storage bins, weather tech protection all 3 rows and CarGO protection for rear and back row seats). Even deployed "the Net" in the rear. Going to add splash guards and debating on the weathertech window vents. I have a bunch of weathertech stuff on my jeep and after 10 years, they still look great and do their job(s).

The Atlas isn't our primary car (at the moment) but it was purchased to kinda replace our 2011 Town&Country for LONG trips. Though the minivan gets better MPG and can go further on a tank (21gal vs 18), it's edging close to 100k miles and last thing I want is a break down miles from home. First big trip is next week but I did drive it about 80+ miles yesterday to drop wife off at the air port. Road nice, quiet. Handled great. I already have a list of Pro's and Con's I'll post after I get back from our trip but I think it will be a great experience, except stopping every 350-400 miles for fuel and since I don't like to get below half a tank, I will be stopping every few hours I'm sure. :(

My advice is, be careful playing with your cars "setup". Somehow, I've disabled my Alarm activation "beep" and I can't figure out how to turn the darn thing back on. :crying:

Oh, and one more thing, I noticed this the day after I brought it home (and drove it to work the next day, only 3 miles) but with the LANE assistance turned on, if there are curbs on the side of the road and there is a "turn lane" to the right, the car wanted to follow it. Yep, it tired to make me go right thinking the road was turning and I wasn't LOL. I turned the **** thing off in city driving and will turn it on while on the highway. Enjoy your ride, this is my 4th VW (81, 84 Jetta, 2013 Passat TDi SEL Pre -sold back to vw :crying::crying::crying:) They can be a challenge of the wits sometimes but they have great personalities. And something I didn't know but it was pointed out on a Jeep forum. Most people who own a VW or Jeep have both brands. I had 2 Jeeps but just sold one to make room for the VW. Cheers
Towards the challenge of the wits bit; sounds cute on paper but people don't buy these types of cars to be a challenge. They marketed, targeted and are selling Atlases to people who want a reliable, no non sense, family car.

Except for your seat colors and seat setup; I have the EXACT same trim, exterior color and rims as yours...albeit my Atlas has the Captain's Chairs setup. Here are my CONs in no particular order, not listing PROs as I mean I'm happy with the car overall and I consider everything else not listed in the CONs as a PRO....

CONS
-Makes a sound when accelerating at low speed, below ~1,200 RPM (note: the dealership changed my T-Converter; sound still there)
-Sluggish acceleration, loses power quick
-No map light; and what's odd is the sunroof button is backlit when it is dark, but the reading lights buttons aren't backlit lit haha...so odd.
-Weird seating position where when the driver's seat is adjusted high or low enough; viewing the gauge cluster becomes either too low or high
-The steering wheel material doesn't have a nice, tactile feel to it in my opinion...difficult to explain; it just doesn't have a nice leather wrapped steering wheel feeling like my Lexus or Honda Odyssey has
-The sensors act very wiry/oversensitive where the car will all of a sudden put on the brakes when approaching, say, a parking spot that has one of those concrete barriers in front of it; or when pulling out a of a driveway that has a hill/slope. Even though I have more than enough distance and am not backing out of, or parking into a spot too fast.
-Sliding glass sun/moonroof only goes back half way; not the entire length of the glass
-The foglights should have LED
-The rear turn signal should have been LED
-Interior lights should have been LED
-Interior ambient light should have spanned to at least the rear passenger doors as well
-Wireless charging should have been included
-Turn signal handle feels too light; should have better tactile rigidity...I've inadvertently high-beamed folks by trying to activate my turn signal
-Interior door materials should be softer to the touch; too rigid
-Gas mileage is sub-par

1 - 3 of 3 Posts