Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are brand new with this car, even though we've owned it for almost a month, much of that time with the car sitting in long term parking at the airport.

The two vehicles we traded for this SEL Premium, a Honda Ridgeline pickup and a Porsche Macan, each had on-wheel buttons for answering and ending inbound phone calls.

Really used to that, we went into a panic yesterday when driving, with our first inbound call happening during 60 mph big boulevard driving.

So VW did this, right? We need to take our eyes off the road to answer and end a phone call because the controls for this are on the touch screen?

Is there a setting we are missing?

·
Registered
111 Posts
We are brand new with this car, even though we've owned it for almost a month, much of that time with the car sitting in long term parking at the airport.

The two vehicles we traded for this SEL Premium, a Honda Ridgeline pickup and a Porsche Macan, each had on-wheel buttons for answering and ending inbound phone calls.

Really used to that, we went into a panic yesterday when driving, with our first inbound call happening during 60 mph big boulevard driving.

So VW did this, right? We need to take our eyes off the road to answer and end a phone call because the controls for this are on the touch screen?

Is there a setting we are missing?
yes you are. Just press the OK button on the right hand side of the steering. In 2019 VW felt it would be better to make the OK as a multi purpose button. On the 2018 it has a dedicated button

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

And to end the call? Must I take my eyes off road and hand off wheel to reach over press a button somewhere on the multifunction display?

Hope not. The '17 Porsche and '17 Honda we traded in for this Atlas had answer and end-call buttons on the wheels.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks!

And to end the call? Must I take my eyes off road and hand off wheel to reach over press a button somewhere on the multifunction display?

Hope not. The '17 Porsche and '17 Honda we traded in for this Atlas had answer and end-call buttons on the wheels.
I believe the OK button ends the call too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts