Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TFL Car put together a comparison video of the Nissan Pathfinder vs. VW Atlas and they put them to the test. They take them up trails and they've had their struggles. They give you the updated info on the improved Pathfinder powertrain as well. The Atlas does have an extra inch of ground clearance, but how will that help the Atlas out in these tests? Check the video out, it's actually quite interesting!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Atlas definitely outperformed the Pathfinder and that 4-motion works great. Can't forget that the Atlas looks drastically better than the Pathfinder which is a huge plus for me.

To be completely real though, I would never be taking the Atlas out to anything close to this serious. I'll be on pavement majority of the time.. the worst it'll get will be a camp site which you can essentially trail over in a Civic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt anyone would. The primary use of the Atlas, aside from people commuting obviously, is hauling the family around. Which is also why that's what the advertisements and commercials have been geared towards. These are in no way off-road vehicles and aren't intended to be used as one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts