Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 atlas. Boy does it drive me crazy. Anytime i am in traffic with people in front and behind the little car prompt pops up warning me there something in front of and behind me like I'm parking but I'm not im just stopped at red light! Also the maneuver braking has almost gotten me killed twice. How do I turn both these "safety" features off! I can't have my car braking me every time I pull out of a dipped driveway! HELP!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can disable maneuver braking by going through these settings. Vehicle > Settings > Parking and Maneuvering > scroll menu up and Maneuver Braking should display box to select to make it Active or not. I do believe though that this will reset every time the vehicle is turned on/off.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
1) maneuver braking off will "stick" if you do this 3 times i.e. it will reset each time you restart the Atlas but after the third time it will be permanent. I have mine off. It's a PITA and has stopped me coming/going from my driveway unless I am crawling.

2) the park assistant coming on in traffic can be sorted by the same menu as above and turning off the "automatic on" or somethign like that (at work, don't remember what the menu actually says) but that will stop that from happening.

In the end, these are nice features but just too much automation where the negatives outweigh the positives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts