Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited a local dealer about ordering an Atlas. Was very much discouraged to do so (and to buy something close to me preference from his inventory, or a vehicle that he could secure from another dealer). The dealer cited a order-to-delivery time-line, 90-120 days, in part due to the following:

When an Atlas leaves the Chattanooga factory, it is shipped to one of two final inspection stations either in Jacksonville FL or someplace in Connecticut or Massachusetts. Thereafter, vehicles are shipped to dealerships.

Can anyone confirm this? Doesn't seem to make sense for a variety of reasons, but would love to hear from you folks who have ordered one or from someone who has some insight into the Atlas build/production process.

Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I haven't heard anything like this from any of the dealers I visited in my area. Also IMO all cars should be inspected before they leave from their manufacturing plant as it might include more cost for them to transport a car back & forth in case of problems. I was given 6 weeks period max and I heard from my friend's friend a waiting period of 12 weeks for him but 120 days would be too much.

Also I was told in my case that I should get my Atlas within 4 weeks otherwise they will work with me to provide me a loaner car after 4 week period. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts