Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not find one in the color we wanted (Kurkuma Yellow) anywhere near us (Chicago area), so we ordered. We watched the inventories on VW.com and other places for weeks, but nothing was coming our way in SEL trim & that color. The dealers around us were not willing to budge off of MSRP, even the dealer we bought a new GTI from last year. I found a dealer in the St Louis area who made a good offer, but my wife found a dealer in Bensenville IL who would go $1000 off MSRP as long as we finance. So, we'll do that, and just pay it off.
You have to catch them at the right time, as our deal on the GTI was at the end of the month - we must have put them into enough volume to qualify for a factory volume bonus or something, as we were able to get many thousands off of the MSRP that day.
They were probably thinking they'd make it up in the finance room, but we said no to financing, extended warranty, and prepaid maintenance as well. It's a crazy game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
It's a waiting game with dealerships, see who caves first. End of the month or wait a while after a new model comes to so demand wanes a bit and they're willing to make a deal.

The extra's are where their money is made and they push those hard... How much did it end up costing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GTI stickered at almost $32k, but we paid just over $25K. Of course there were plenty of GTIs on dealer lots, so there was no shortage of supply - not the same situation as the Atlas. I've thought about waiting until the Spring, when there should be plenty of Atlas inventory, but I'm ready to get get into something nicer than the Sprinter van I've driven for 230k miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just Saturday, I got a phone call from one of the nearby dealers I'd been talking to. Suddenly, he came up with a Kurkuma Yellow SEL with 4motion - just what I've been looking for. I told him that I have one on order from another dealer ($500 deposit - totally refundable for any reason), for $1000 off of MSRP. I told him he'd have to make it worth my while to consider it, as I'm willing to wait. I wonder if I'll hear from him? I'll let you know.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top