Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the window convenience on all windows, in the settings but when I press and hold the unlock it doesn’t open the windows.
Am I missing something?

I have a 2019 Atlas SE 4 motion/ R-Line with Tech package if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,172 Posts
Does the dealer need to code the key fob.
This is a DIY thing, you have to buy one of the scan tools I listed. It's a bit more invovled that you likely think. You can certainly try to ask the dealer and you may find they will do it...not sure. It's coding the vehicle itself so that the keyfob will do this. V. common in the VW world for years to do this mod with VCDS or OBDEleven (I believe Carista will do it as well). Good luck. You can google "OBDEleven windows down with remote" or similar to start the learning process.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2020.5 SE R-Line and I can unroll the windows. I have to click unlock once, then press and hold. The windows roll down when I am holding the button. Good for when I am getting out of work in the summer and want to get the hot air out.

The door handle sensor will roll up the windows and close the sun roof shade when pressed against. Including if you have the keys in your pocket and are leaning against the door handle when talking to someone or filling your gas tank.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the window convenience on all windows, in the settings but when I press and hold the unlock it doesn’t open the windows.
Am I missing something?

I see others have answered but I'll chime in to. Long story short, VW did not program the ability to close your windows w/o a human being there at the car. There is this thing called "the pinch factor". The car has a rain sensor and I found out when I owned my 2013 Passat that that feature was turned off. Reason? If you had the windows down a bit and lets say it's not a hot day and you left fido in the car, or god forbid a kid, and they had their head out the window when it started to rain, it could choke them to death. But turning it on, turned off the windows ability to detect blockage and would put enough force on closing that it could kill an animal or small kid. Now, I'm going to guess that still applies. If you program it to close with a fob is one thing and can't answer if it will stop movement if it's blocked. But "rumor" had it that you could hold the unlock/lock part of the door handle to close the windows, but not open them up, without owner programing. Not trying to discourage you but you might want to ensure once you program it, that it will still stop if there is a hand, arm, neck or small animal in the way. Anyone have any additional info on that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2019 atlas all windows down by opening the door and pressing and holding the drivers side window button down until all windows go down and roof window opens. To close all windows and sun roof press and hold the outside door handle lock indentation until all windows are closed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am I missing something?

This is from VW online manual:

Convenience opening and closing

The windows can be opened and closed from outside the vehicle using the vehicle key when the ignition is switched off.
  • Does not apply to the US or Canada: Press and hold the unlock or lock button on the vehicle key.
  • On vehicles with Keyless Access with push-button start: hold your finger on the unlock sensor in the door handle for several seconds until the windows are closed ⇒ Keyless Access. The vehicle key must be nearby to use this feature.
  • To stop the function, release the unlock or lock button, OR remove your finger from the sensor.
A valid vehicle key must be located nearby to use this feature. When all of the windows and the power sunroof are closed, the turn signals will flash once as a confirmation.
You can select the convenience opening settings in the Vehicle settings menu in the Infotainment system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts