Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the new 2018 SEL Premium home on a Saturday evening, straight from the dealership. Next morning while showing the car to the kids and mom, I noticed a small oil spot/leak in the garage. I waited until first thing Monday morning to take it to the dealership. By the way, I do not know how the service associate that took care of me is in the customer service business; but this is a different story.
They had to order the oil pan seal from another dealership and installed on the brand new, 2 days old, 100 miles Atlas. I wasn't planning on spending half the day on Monday dealing with new car issues. .
Bottom line, not cool at all. I seriously have a bitter taste with my first VW purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Too bad it wasn't a coolant leak, I hear that tastes sweet..

Side note is that that really sucks to have an oil leak right away.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A long time ago I bought a new car. 15 minutes later I made a stop at the supermarket and came out and the car would not start. It had to be towed to the dealer and the result was it needed a fuel pump, 2 weeks later the fuel pump gave out again and was replaced for the second time. Had that car for 4 years and never had a single problem with it again and enjoyed owning it. Another example, a friend of mine leased a lexus and 3 days later he took it back for shift issues, they had to replace the trany and went on with no issues for the term of the lease. The point here is you might get a bitter taste of disappointment but could very well end up with enjoying it after that.

Reactions: conna07

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an update on my post above (oil leak on the brand new 2018 SEL P). After the dealership ordered a new gasket seal and installed on the car, I picked it up and took it home. I left the same evening on a business trip outside of town. My wife did drive the car during the week. This morning, I checked the garage and I found new spots of oil in the garage.
The dealership's service department will see me tomorrow morning for the same issue I dropped off the car a week ago. Again, this is not my plan for tomorrow morning. I do need to get to work and make $$ to support the family.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts