Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
774 Posts
your missing the statement that VW says 8qts of oul consumption between changes is OK
Maybe you should get a law degree and litigate on VW behalf. Its a loosing proposition VW is wrong and thats why they lost all the class action suits. Burning a qt of oil every 2000 miles is way too much in the court of public opinion
I have not missed it - I don't think that's ok or normal but you aren't burning that - you repeatedly won't tell me what engine you have, oil being used, or what your actual consumption is so why are you obsessed with what the VW owner's manual says? What do other manufacturer's owner's manuals say? I'll help you...it's a lot more than you or the "court of public opinion" will be ok with.

·
Super Moderator
774 Posts
your missing the statement that VW says 8qts of oul consumption between changes is OK
Maybe you should get a law degree and litigate on VW behalf. Its a loosing proposition VW is wrong and thats why they lost all the class action suits. Burning a qt of oil every 2000 miles is way too much in the court of public opinion
Here you go....this is from my Lexus's owner's manual....this is a Toyota....1 qt/600 miles...AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Seriously, this isn't odd to have this listed. Rev up that class action lawsuit! I'd say VW is ahead of the game here.

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
@Cross Sport Pete I believe you continue to miss the point, have you watched both videos Karst and myself have provided? I would recommend understanding what is happening inside your engine and why new cars use more oil than old ones. There is a lot of changes within the last 10 years cylinder bores have become smoother, less rings are used, seals are not made to be as tight. All of these things improve MPG to help you save money, while the byproduct is new cars use more oil. This is not a new thing over the past couple years more and more people keep seeing this. This is because of auto manufactures trying to hit regulated MPG numbers by the governments, so please take a look and study up why this has happened.

If you are burning continuously burning excessive oil and your finding that maybe this is getting worse the longer you go. Or maybe you compression check your cylinders maybe you will find there is another issue however at this time I see no issues your oil usage.

FYI court of pubic opinion means nothing, when all auto manufactures are playing the same game.

Reactions: KarstGeo

·
Super Moderator
774 Posts
@Cross Sport Pete I believe you continue to miss the point, have you watched both videos Karst and myself have provided? I would recommend understanding what is happening inside your engine and why new cars use more oil than old ones. There is a lot of changes within the last 10 years cylinder bores have become smoother, less rings are used, seals are not made to be as tight. All of these things improve MPG to help you save money, while the byproduct is new cars use more oil. This is not a new thing over the past couple years more and more people keep seeing this. This is because of auto manufactures trying to hit regulated MPG numbers by the governments, so please take a look and study up why this has happened.

If you are burning continuously burning excessive oil and your finding that maybe this is getting worse the longer you go. Or maybe you compression check your cylinders maybe you will find there is another issue however at this time I see no issues your oil usage.

FYI court of pubic opinion means nothing, when all auto manufactures are playing the same game.
And we still don't really know what his consumption actually is - I'd say you have to go to at least 20K miles before you can even mess with this....I still am betting on 0W20. 5W40 would lower it substantially.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts