Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So seems like VW has 15% off for most accessories including wheels at all parts stores with free shipping until the 31st. I bought OEM Mudflaps- front and rear for around $80 for my 22 Atlas. Not sure why VW had to make it so difficult to install mudflaps, with the need to drill, although in the plastic fender/cover part. Why can't they just provide screws like most other manufacturers. Even if I can wrangle with the fronts, the rears are tough without taking the wheels off. The dealerships are quoting $180 to $200 labour, even with me changing wheels with them. Funnily they will only charge $100 to swap all 4 wheels. I guess dealers being dealers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed mine with the wheels on. Fronts were successful with turning the wheels this way and that.

For the rear, I mounted what I could and used a pick to poke a hole through the liner where it needed to be drilled, then drilled it from the back.

May be a little awkward but doable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed mine with the wheels on. Fronts were successful with turning the wheels this way and that.

For the rear, I mounted what I could and used a pick to poke a hole through the liner where it needed to be drilled, then drilled it from the back.

May be a little awkward but doable.
Ah crafty, yes the fronts are manageable. I guess I am losing patience as I get older, so I just had them done at the dealership, for double the price of the mudflaps. I had installed mudflaps on a Honda crosstour ages ago and those were just screws which I could just get to, using a low profile ratchet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts