Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use OBDeleven to modify their Atlas? I've got the V6 SE with Tech and was wondering what all I could do using OBDeleven, what "hidden" features might be unlocked with it.

·
Super Moderator
415 Posts
I am the preeminent OBDEleven Atlas guru..ahhahaahah. I've done a ton of it and there is ample info out on the interwebs between the FB Atlas pages where I've posted the coding a million times it seems and the OBDEleven Pro and vwvortex forums. I have a huge list. This is DIY-ville so searching on your part to gain knowledge is key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the preeminent OBDEleven Atlas guru..ahhahaahah. I've done a ton of it and there is ample info out on the interwebs between the FB Atlas pages where I've posted the coding a million times it seems and the OBDEleven Pro and vwvortex forums. I have a huge list. This is DIY-ville so searching on your part to gain knowledge is key.

View attachment 1084
Thanks!! I'm new to the VW world. I'd like to apply several of the mods listed above. I've got a couple of silly questions.....1. What is the R-Line infotainment Boot screen?....2. What is comfort blink?

·
Super Moderator
415 Posts
Thanks!! I'm new to the VW world. I'd like to apply several of the mods listed above. I've got a couple of silly questions.....1. What is the R-Line infotainment Boot screen?....2. What is comfort blink?
Comfort blink is when you only partially push the blinker stalk and it blinks 3 times (default) like when you want to change lanes. The boot screen logo can be changed of your infotainment system.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It would be great to get some of these features as most were already on my Cadillac's :cool:

However, not being a ' Tech ' kinda person I'm sure I'd screw something up o_O

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comfort blink is when you only partially push the blinker stalk and it blinks 3 times (default) like when you want to change lanes. The boot screen logo can be changed of your infotainment system.
OK...so the Wife's 2019 SEw/tech got totaled out by the insurance company due to hail damage and I replaced it with a practically identical 2020 SEw/tech. I just got my OBDeleven Pro today. So far I did the needle sweep and fan indicator on auto mods. I tried to do the high beam and window control from key fob modifications but it told me they were not supported. Is there a way around this?

·
Super Moderator
415 Posts
OK...so the Wife's 2019 SEw/tech got totaled out by the insurance company due to hail damage and I replaced it with a practically identical 2020 SEw/tech. I just got my OBDeleven Pro today. So far I did the needle sweep and fan indicator on auto mods. I tried to do the high beam and window control from key fob modifications but it told me they were not supported. Is there a way around this?
You will get that sometimes, try again and again until it takes including a reboot/removal of the OBDEleven dongle. If it does not, it's just possible these are now unable to be coded on the 2020s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will get that sometimes, try again and again until it takes including a reboot/removal of the OBDEleven dongle. If it does not, it's just possible these are now unable to be coded on the 2020s.
OK, I'll try the "brute force" method of doing it over and over again. If that doesn't work, maybe doing it via long coding will? I'm not sure, as I am totally new to all this coding modification stuff and not even sure how to go about it. The whole appeal of the OBDeleven was that all of these popular mods were "one click". Also, I've looked at your posts on the OBDeleven forum and also on VW vortex. They seem very informative even if the coding stuff is over my head.

·
Super Moderator
415 Posts
OK, I'll try the "brute force" method of doing it over and over again. If that doesn't work, maybe doing it via long coding will? I'm not sure, as I am totally new to all this coding modification stuff and not even sure how to go about it. The whole appeal of the OBDeleven was that all of these popular mods were "one click". Also, I've looked at your posts on the OBDeleven forum and also on VW vortex. They seem very informative even if the coding stuff is over my head.
Hold on, walk me through with detail how you are doing this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crisis averted lol.....I did some tinkering and found some step by step instructions on one of the other forums and managed to do the windows, lock when exiting the car, unlock infotainment while moving, and radio station art (haven't seen it work yet just trusting that it did). However, my wife tells me this morning that now since I've tinkered with the windows, now the sunroof screen will only open half way and won't close. Also, I couldn't quite figure out the auto high beams. Here is the list I followed:

Activate wireless comfort opening/closing (open/close windows using key fob/Kessy)

1/ Select Control Unit: 09 Central Electrics
2/ Select Adaptations
3/ Select ZV Komfort
4/ Change "Funk Komfort schliessen" from "not active" to "active"
5/ Change "Funk Komfort oeffnen" from "not active" to "active"

**I also adjusted Module CA Sunroof, adaptation Komfortfunktionen---Target position for comfort opening to have sunroof slide open rather than just tilt when using comfort opening.
Radio Station art (logo) display in the MFD:

1/ Select Control Unit: 5F Information Control Unit
2/ Select Adaptations
3/ Select Dashboard_Display_Configuration
4/ Change "Stationart" from "Off" to "On"

Auto lock when exit (must have KESSY)
Adaptation
Control unit: B7 Access Startsystem Interface
Name: internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1
Values:
passive_exit_door_slam_lock:
Old value: Not activated
New value: activated
Enable the headlight assist on the SE/Tech model

To code High Beam Assist (for vehicles with Lane Assist fitted).
1/ Select Control Module 09
2/ Select Adaptions
3/ Select Assistant light functions
4/ Change Menu light assistant and to 'PRESENT'

If you are asked for a security code use 31347

5/ Select Control Module A5
6/ Select Long coding
7/ Select byte 2
8/ Change Bit 0 to a "1" or use drop down menu to select "Coding_light_assist High_beam_assist"

but this is where there is a unique change for the atlas:

once i went back to module 09 and changed the "fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichsteurung" to AFS:FLA: Fernlicht ueber AFS
then it works. Changed the menu on the infotainment screen and now when the light control switch is set to auto, the lights do not come on in daylight. I blocked the camera (with dark paper) and headlights automatically came on, and when i flick the high-beam stalk forward, i get the logo on the MFD in the dash (looks like headlight with "A" in middle: will upload img later)

Instructions for making high beam assist setting persistent:
Adaptation

1/ Select Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
2/ Select Adaptation
3/ Select Fernlicht_assistent
4/ Select Fernlichtassistent Reset:
5/ Change from active to not active

1 - 10 of 10 Posts