Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if someone can give me some opinions on the OBDeleven. Up until a few weeks ago, all I saw was a white plastic device that was available in two options, a basic one and one with a key ring on the back, the Pro model, which allowed for long coding. (about $50 to $80, respectively). These are only compatible with an Android OS.
Now I see a new generation of OBDeleven's which seem to have the same functionality but with extremely limited IOS (in beta) compatibly. These have a dark plastic case and striped with either a green (Starter), blue (Pro) or red stripe (Ultimate). The Pro is $150 on Amazon. Basically, double the price.The Ultimate is $200.
My mind tells me that unlocking the Atlas' capabilities won't change and since I have both an iPhone and an Android tablet, why not buy the original Pro model for $80 or used on eBay for $50? What am I missing or what is to gain here?

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
The new version is supposed to have a better higher-speed connection and allow use of IOS. I have been using the older white one for 2 years heavily, no issues with it. I use Android. I would buy the original, use your tablet, and save some money.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this online. It might be of interest to someone that is looking for an OBDeleven. It is the newer model and the PRO version for under $100, $51 cheaper than Amazon. Also, the older Android model for $72.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts