Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an OBD2 Scanner for my vehicles (Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium). Needs to be more than just a reader. I want to be able to do most of the repairs myself. Needs to be able to read and clear Generic and Manufacturer Specific DTC codes; provide DTC descriptions and solutions (no additional charges or fees), ABS/SRS/TPMS are all highly desired but not necessary. Live data is not a necessity - I think.

Anyone have any luck with these:

Autel AL619 Autel Autolink AL619 ABS/SRS Car Diagnostic OBD2 Code Reader/Scanners (same as ML619)

Innova CarScan Reader 5110:CarScan Reader 5110

Blue Driver BlueDriver Scan Tool | BlueDriver

Or any other recommendations. Appreciate any feedback.

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
Why wouldn't you jsut buy VCDS or OBD11? Which allows for complete control just like the dealer tool.

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
@Dnovn I use VCDS since I have been exposed to that well before OBDEleven was around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I need an OBD2 Scanner for my vehicles (Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium). Needs to be more than just a reader. I want to be able to do most of the repairs myself. Needs to be able to read and clear Generic and Manufacturer Specific DTC codes; provide DTC descriptions and solutions (no additional charges or fees), ABS/SRS/TPMS are all highly desired but not necessary. Live data is not a necessity - I think.

Anyone have any luck with these:

Autel AL619 Autel Autolink AL619 ABS/SRS Car Diagnostic OBD2 Code Reader/Scanners (same as ML619)

Innova CarScan Reader 5110:CarScan Reader 5110

Blue Driver BlueDriver Scan Tool | BlueDriver

Or any other recommendations. Appreciate any feedback.
The only way to go is The RossTech VCDS cable. I got this one for my 2019 Atlas. $199 for using 3 vins. I was able to turn off the start stop mode completely. A podcast from the HUMBLE MECHANIC who is a VW mechanic was of great help.
20210519_184122.jpg
20210519_184108.jpg

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
@LCMM55 I have mine up to 9 or so used vins. Best part is you can scan as many as you want free just only pay for car you want to modify.

Having the newer cars is way easier to modify than the old k band on the Mk4s

·
Registered
31 Posts
@LCMM55 I have mine up to 9 or so used vins. Best part is you can scan as many as you want free just only pay for car you want to modify.

Having the newer cars is way easier to modify than the old k band on the Mk4s
The unlimited vins was $299. Since i only have one VW, an Atlas, saving $100 seemed like the right thing to do. It is good for 2018 and up VWs. I had the unlimited unit when i had a 2010 audi a4 and 2013 audi a6. Sold both cars and paid $379 for the vcds unit, unlimited vin 6 years ago. Still have that unit. Will be selling it eventually since i no longer have a need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts