Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2018 VW ATLAS V6 SEL Premium W/4MOTION and have had an OBD11 plugged in for about 2 years. Suddenly the vehicle started losing power, and the EPC light came on. Stopped the vehicle and restarted it and trouble went away. Then the vehicle just turned the engine off while in motion (Which happened several times). When I checked the OBD for issues, nothing related to the issues I mentioned showed up, so I removed the OBD, and all the issues stopped. No problems the past week and I have not gone to the dealer. They will blame it on OBD. The functions I set with OBD are still working with NO OBD connected.

Anyone with similar issues?

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Have a 2018 VW ATLAS V6 SEL Premium W/4MOTION and have had an OBD11 plugged in for about 2 years. Suddenly the vehicle started losing power, and the EPC light came on. Stopped the vehicle and restarted it and trouble went away. Then the vehicle just turned the engine off while in motion (Which happened several times). When I checked the OBD for issues, nothing related to the issues I mentioned showed up, so I removed the OBD, and all the issues stopped. No problems the past week and I have not gone to the dealer. They will blame it on OBD. The functions I set with OBD are still working with NO OBD connected.

Anyone with similar issues?
You aren't supposed to leave the OBDEleven plugged in...it does have some battery draw/power. You only need it plugged in to make the changes then unplug it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had my OBD11 plugged into my 2018 SEL-P for the last couple years with no issues. If it is plugged in, there is less likelihood of my losing it. Plus, I like to bring up the transmission temp once in a while and do scans regularly to see if anything is wrong.

Hearing this though, maybe I will keep it in the glovebox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts