Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have procrastinated about buying an OBD eleven device and I am still unsure about which one to purchase. I would definately get the Pro level model. Also, I have an iphone and there are a few Android devices kicking around the house, so it's not a matter of being tied to any particular operating system. However, I was hoping that there would be progress with the Nex Gen model with an IOS solution, as well as being Android capable, but it seems doubtful from what I have recently read. The only positive with the new (Nex Gen) device seems to be the speed which is quoted as 18x faster. Actually, if I read between the lines, OBD eleven seems to be almost at the point of frustration and ready to "cut bait" with promising both an Android and IOS solution.
Can anyone provide feedback on either with the Nex Gen device or the earlier device? Otherwise, I will probably go with the earlier model.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought the cheaper one. It's a little slow but I don't care. I basically used it for a couple of days making tweaks and haven't touched it since. Not worth paying more to save a few seconds. It's not something you are going to be using regularly....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tim,
What tweaks id you make, if you don't mind posting.
Probably the same ones everyone else has.... Off the top of my head....

Convenience open/close windows and sunroof with key fob
Change digital guage cluster style
Custom gauge cluster and infotainment colors
Auto high beams
Adaptive lane tracking
Unlock infotainment while driving
Inner tails as additional brake lights
Tear drop wipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts