Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 VW Cross Sport SEL
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Cross Sport SEL and I want to deactivate the auto start/stop and I understand you can do that with an OBD device. My question is will any OBD device do that. I have seen them priced from $25 to several hundred dollars. I do not plan to do anything else other than disabling the stop/start. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,010 Posts
For the newer gen Atlas, I believe you can't kill it using OBDEleven/VCDS like you used to - will need to spend a little time searching as this topic has been covered a lot here and other forums (vwvortex) as well as the FB Atlas groups. The cheap OBDII scanners you see will not be usefull here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a cheap Elm adapter that connects WiFi. On my 21 I was able to change a few things on the Carista App but not the Start/Stop. After emailing customer service he sent me a link for the Beta Version that he thought would be able to disable it through. Well my Elm adapter would get hung up and stall around 50% trying to send vehicle data. He said I need the Carista Adapter but I haven’t gotten around to ordering it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport SEL and I want to deactivate the auto start/stop and I understand you can do that with an OBD device. My question is will any OBD device do that. I have seen them priced from $25 to several hundred dollars. I do not plan to do anything else other than disabling the stop/start. Thanks
I know that the OBDEleven will becuase that is what I used to do it - about 180$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts