Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting a similar thread to one calling out an A/C smell because mine is not related to what mode the air is on only that it is on at all. I've only notice this happening in the last few months since my last repair but it is dumbfounding how this might be happening… When I put the vehicle into reverse and have some mode of air circulating, almost immediately there is a very noxious smell which overtakes the cabin. It smells like burning windshield fluid or something bizarre. How could this be related to a gear? Is there some sort of gear fluid that may somehow be leaking near an intake vent? I don't see anything leaking in my driveway. And of course this is one of those things which I'm sure won't present itself at the dealer just like my low gear grinding sound :smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I've been searching for this issue for weeks! Our VW Atlas smells awful since we've been turning the AC back in June! It's horrible the smell of stall water mildew stays inside the cabin and even from outside the vehicle. My dealer doesn't know what to do about this ! I'm so glad it's not just my atlas with this problem. I have sprayed a full can of AC cleaner inside all the ventilation trap and it still smells awful. My dealer told me to contact my car insurance and I did but they refused because troubleshooting is not part of a coverage car insurance, in other words, go back to your dealer. Now we are stuck with an Atlas that smell bad. I will contact my dealer again and if this doesn't get resolved I will call VW Canada to make a legit complain about this issue. I will keep you posted ! thanks for the therapy lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've changed the cabin air filter in the glove compartement. is there another one that i'm missing ? The only thing i didnt do was to spray some AC cleaner (or Lysol )directly outside where the air gets blown inside the car because it's usualy at the bottom of the windshield but i couldnt find it on the atlas! any idea where the air intake trap is located outside ? I will search for it this weekend it has to be located on the fire wall. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts