Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I installed the P3 to the preinstalled tow package, I hardwired the connection due to a lack of those fancy adapter pieces but am getting no power to the unit, the cables weren’t hot when I wired them. Is there a on-screen setting to activate towing or do you have to add a fuse? I have been looking at fuse diagrams but can’t seem to find the appropriate slot. Has anyone experienced this? I’m out of ideas...

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have just removed every 20amp fuse and above but non of them are blown. Maybe they forgot to install the appropriate fuse during factory install of the tow package? Does anyone know the location of that particular fuse bay? Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
There may be some coding that you have to do to enable it...may require a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out! And this might help someone out there. Since there was no power going to the unit I figured it would be a fuse issue rather than programming but could not track it down on fuse maps for the Atlas fuse boards, only to realize the reason why I couldn’t find it in them is that the fuse isn’t in either of those boxes. There is a 30amp fuse behind the dashboard fuse box on the underside, it’s only visible with the under panel removed and you fully lying on the floor looking up.

I spoke to VW and they didn’t have any clue about the location of the brake controller fuse. I hope this helps!

Now it’s time to pick up a camper! 🙌🏻

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured it out! And this might help someone out there. Since there was no power going to the unit I figured it would be a fuse issue rather than programming but could not track it down on fuse maps for the Atlas fuse boards, only to realize the reason why I couldn’t find it in them is that the fuse isn’t in either of those boxes. There is a 30amp fuse behind the dashboard fuse box on the underside, it’s only visible with the under panel removed and you fully lying on the floor looking up.

I spoke to VW and they didn’t have any clue about the location of the brake controller fuse. I hope this helps!

Now it’s time to pick up a camper! 🙌🏻
I am having the same problem with the CURT Echo Bluetooth controller. Is the 30 amp fuse there or just a vacant slot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was already a fuse in place in a two fuse setup with one slot being vacant in the underneath as described in my previous post. I’m not familiar with the Bluetooth controller but if you have checked the fuses in the fuse boxes and non of them have been “burned out” I’d give those straggler fuses a shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was already a fuse in place in a two fuse setup with one slot being vacant in the underneath as described in my previous post. I’m not familiar with the Bluetooth controller but if you have checked the fuses in the fuse boxes and non of them have been “burned out” I’d give those straggler fuses a shot.
Did you just add a second 30 amp to the vacant slot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, the existing 30amp fuse had been fried from when I hardwired the P3 break controller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, let me know when you figure out what the culprit was! Just curious, and again, it might help someone combing through the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts