Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
All Atlas' are made in Tennessee and do not come off a boat.
Hahaha I guess I was fooled by the sales team then. Those were the exact words they said. So either VW is telling clients lies or you are more knowledgeable than the VW people.
Did u order it that way or was it on the lot with it on?
I asked for the things I needed in a car, I thought the mirror was part of a package with such an expensive line. They found a car in another state and transported it to where our local VW is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got 2021 atlas v6 sel premium 4motion and have homelink. Just programmed the garage door opener on my rimless mirror...
when you say rimless mirror, what do you mean? Are the buttons hidden? I’m sorry, not being sarcastic. The 2021 SEL Premium 4 motion I just came home with Saturday has a package that is supposed to include the rear view mirror with HomeLink and I was wondering if I was completely missing where the buttons are or if they installed the wrong mirror. The package is the “MDO Accessories Package”.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. We bought the Premium, didn't ask for a discount and it won't open the garage? they made the Homelink an option on a $50k+ car? This is despicable. VW should be ashamed. This is my first and last VW purchase!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 2021 SEL non-Premium with the homelink in the rimless mirror. Apparently my garage door (8 years old) which works with my other 3 cars just fine is too old. Have to get another part of my GD opener, or buy a newer opener. So the clicker that comes with the GD opener is hanging on the visor for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded in my 2018 SEL for the 2021 SEL and didn't notice that the homelink is not standard on the 2020+ models.. I called my sales person the next day and asked about it only to learn that it is a $585 option.. It is now incorporated in to the mirror which is considered an accessory... He told me that there was nothing that he could do for me but offered 10% off parts and installation.. I told him that for a 50k+ car I would expect that it would be included.. I reviewed my paperwork from the purchase and noticed that I had a 3 day option to return the car so I called back and told them I wanted to return the car.. About 2 hours later the sales manager called me and said that they would supply and install the new mirror at no charge.. Good end result but I am still blown away that the top trim level in the Atlas doesn't have that convenience item as standard..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just came home with the 2021.5 SEL Premium 4Motion R line... and NO HOMELINK. It's crazy that it was not standard.
Also, in negotiating, I asked the dealership to come down $1k or to just upgrade the mirror for me. Strangely enough, they came down the cash and gave me a quote to have the mirror installed. It is under $300 for the mirror and about $150 in labor. All in all, thought that the dealer would have just done the mirror upgrade as the $$ was in their favor, but alas, I now have a top of the line Atlas without the mirror. Stuck to using the standard remote... for now..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve seen a few threads on here, but nothing specifically addressing this. We just purchased a 2021 Atlas SEL Premium - get home and realize there‘s no HomeLink. Do the research and see that it’s now mirror mounted and not a standard option. Am I the only one that finds this crazy?? No HomeLink on a $50K+ top of the line SUV? Every car I’ve purchased for the last 10 years had had HomeLink, no matter the trim level. Reached out to the dealer and they were basically like “yeah, sorry you can pay $500+ to add it on.” Obviously it‘s our mistake for not checking, but again you would think that this feature would be standard. Has anyone reached out to VW to share our frustration on this?
I've got a 2020 SEL Prem. Crossport and no homelink either.. another example of VW being cheap!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got a 2020 SEL Prem. Crossport and no homelink either.. another example of VW being cheap!
I have a 2019 Atlas leftover i bought new feb, 2020. Built in april 2019, $7k off sticker. It had homelink and onstar equivalent included. Only problem is, it does lose the coding now and again and has to be reset for my GD opener. Good thing reseting is relatively easy, after having to do it 4 times over the year or so of ownership. It's almost like it forces you to reinstall the codes every 3 to 4 months. Oh well, German ingenuity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve seen a few threads on here, but nothing specifically addressing this. We just purchased a 2021 Atlas SEL Premium - get home and realize there‘s no HomeLink. Do the research and see that it’s now mirror mounted and not a standard option. Am I the only one that finds this crazy?? No HomeLink on a $50K+ top of the line SUV? Every car I’ve purchased for the last 10 years had had HomeLink, no matter the trim level. Reached out to the dealer and they were basically like “yeah, sorry you can pay $500+ to add it on.” Obviously it‘s our mistake for not checking, but again you would think that this feature would be standard. Has anyone reached out to VW to share our frustration on this?
Ha, I just got hosed on this on my 2022 Atlas SEL Premium.... I don't even own garage door openers because I have had a car in the family without this feature for at least 5 years.. unbelievable.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts