Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

No HomeLink on 2021 Atlas SEL Premium??

28K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Scott3229 
I’ve seen a few threads on here, but nothing specifically addressing this. We just purchased a 2021 Atlas SEL Premium - get home and realize there‘s no HomeLink. Do the research and see that it’s now mirror mounted and not a standard option. Am I the only one that finds this crazy?? No HomeLink on a $50K+ top of the line SUV? Every car I’ve purchased for the last 10 years had had HomeLink, no matter the trim level. Reached out to the dealer and they were basically like “yeah, sorry you can pay $500+ to add it on.” Obviously it‘s our mistake for not checking, but again you would think that this feature would be standard. Has anyone reached out to VW to share our frustration on this?
I agree...additionally, FYI....VW road side assistance is "HORRIBLE". We had our 2021 VW Atlas SEL Premium 4Motion V6 less than two weeks and the number five cylinder goes out...almost leaving us stranded 82 miles North of Phoenix with a two week old son. The HORRIBLE person on the other end of the line with the third party road side assistance stated she could get my new vehicle towed back to Phoenix but it would cost me $91.00...or she could tow it to Flag Staff (roughly 60 miles further North) and I would have to arrange a ride. Finally, I found a local Euro Garage that worked on high-end cars and diagnosed the issue. We drove the Atlas back to Phoenix slowly and returned it to the dealer to fix. The day after getting it back from the dealer the car-net remote start does not work and now my radio and Nav buttons do not function properly...when attempting to select radio it choses media and when attempting to select Nav it choses App.

I truly love VW and their brand...however, the past couple weeks have started to widdle my love for VW away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.