Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen a few threads on here, but nothing specifically addressing this. We just purchased a 2021 Atlas SEL Premium - get home and realize there‘s no HomeLink. Do the research and see that it’s now mirror mounted and not a standard option. Am I the only one that finds this crazy?? No HomeLink on a $50K+ top of the line SUV? Every car I’ve purchased for the last 10 years had had HomeLink, no matter the trim level. Reached out to the dealer and they were basically like “yeah, sorry you can pay $500+ to add it on.” Obviously it‘s our mistake for not checking, but again you would think that this feature would be standard. Has anyone reached out to VW to share our frustration on this?

·
Super Moderator
495 Posts
Woah - yeah, that is one of those WTF/how could you do that. The mirror shouldn't cost more than a few hundred, I added one to my Golf.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2019 Atlas SEL Premium has Homelink built in. I use it everyday.The buttons are not on the mirror but next to the SOS button, just aft of the sunroof buttons. Does the 2021 not have these buttons?

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2019 Atlas SEL Premium has Homelink built in. I use it everyday.The buttons are not on the mirror but next to the SOS button, just aft of the sunroof buttons. Does the 2021 not have these buttons?

Yeah, don't you hate that? I've hit the INFO button before missing the homelink button. And I agree with Trippc3. A 50k car should have it as an option. HOWEVER, since the 2019 model doesn't get the FREE VW NET for like what, 4 or 5 years w/remote start, etc, and we CAN'T even UPGRADE our 2019 to do that, I'd have this sick thought of just saying HA HA HA, but I won't. All I can do is say it SHOULD have come with it. Now my 2011 T&C minivan touring L was loaded. Everything (I mean everything) except Sat TV, Full size spare and electric 3rd row seats. It's got "homelink". But my sons 30k Jeep Compass LIMITED didn't have it ether. It's a 2019. I just gave him a key fob to open the door. Cheaper and from my experience with Chrysler, more secure. At least on VW's, once the power is cut, it doesn't work. Not on my minivan. It works no matter what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve seen a few threads on here, but nothing specifically addressing this. We just purchased a 2021 Atlas SEL Premium - get home and realize there‘s no HomeLink. Do the research and see that it’s now mirror mounted and not a standard option. Am I the only one that finds this crazy?? No HomeLink on a $50K+ top of the line SUV? Every car I’ve purchased for the last 10 years had had HomeLink, no matter the trim level. Reached out to the dealer and they were basically like “yeah, sorry you can pay $500+ to add it on.” Obviously it‘s our mistake for not checking, but again you would think that this feature would be standard. Has anyone reached out to VW to share our frustration on this?
Just got my 2021 Premium home yesterday and still can't believe it doesn't have a garage remote...

·
Registered
2 Posts
got my Premium on Monday... not only that, but VW is now going to refresh the 2021 model to include a new infotainment system (mib3) with wireless apple carplay/android auto and travel assist... I am wondering if they’ll at least give us travel assist as an update...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tha
got my Premium on Monday... not only that, but VW is now going to refresh the 2021 model to include a new infotainment system (mib3) with wireless apple carplay/android auto and travel assist... I am wondering if they’ll at least give us travel assist as an update...
That would just be a software upgrade right? Would we just able to go to the delarship to get it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So... i just tried AAC + Lane Assist at speeds higher than 37mph and they both worked at the same time, which is pretty much the same as Travel Assist. As for Emergency Assist, it also worked. I guess the only thing missing will be MIB3 which I’ll most likely be able to retrofit...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't want to sound mean but why should they? They won't give us 2019 owners an upgrade to our radio system to make it where we can remote start using VW link so why should they give the newer models the ability to open the garage door? It's kind of a tit for tat. We can open our garage doors but we can't remote start cars, you can remote start your car but you can open the garage door I think that's fair LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts