Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought a new 2019 VW Atlas on May 31. Now I am having a scraping sounds coming from the engine or transmission when I accelerate from a stop and go position. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times. They kept it for 3 days and drove it but couldn’t here it. As soon as I picked up the car on the way home my husband and I could here it. Took it back this time the Tech rode with me he can here it a little bit but have no idea how to fix it. Is anyone else having the same problem. They said it’s a normal noise of the vehicle. If anything happens I have a 72,000 warranty or if there’s a recall then they can do something. Can I go through the Lemon Law to have them do something?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the forum Evsn57 :smile2:
I would do a search on your state lemon law as each state might be different, most require
four attempted documented services for the same issue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just brought a new 2019 VW Atlas on May 31. Now I am having a scraping sounds coming from the engine or transmission when I accelerate from a stop and go position. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times. They kept it for 3 days and drove it but couldn’t here it. As soon as I picked up the car on the way home my husband and I could here it. Took it back this time the Tech rode with me he can here it a little bit but have no idea how to fix it. Is anyone else having the same problem. They said it’s a normal noise of the vehicle. If anything happens I have a 72,000 warranty or if there’s a recall then they can do something. Can I go through the Lemon Law to have them do something?
This is a known "issue". There are posts about it all over the place. Dealers and VW claim it is "normal" and they aren't planning to do anything about it. It is a terrible sound though.

https://www.vwatlasforum.com/forum/170-volkswagen-atlas-complaints-issues-problems/2757-noise-while-accelerating-lower-gear.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts