Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I bought my 2019 V6 SE with Tech 4Motion in platinum gray metallic before Christmas. I'm almost four weeks and almost 1500 miles (holiday travel) into ownership. I live roughly 10 miles from the Atlas assembly plant in Chattanooga. This is my first non-American-badged vehicle. I love being back in an SUV. My last car was a Buick (Opel) Cascada convertible which was almost enough to run me away from German cars. I really liked the test drive and utility of the Atlas. I felt some local pride in it being assembled here. I spent a week negotiating and researching before closing the deal.

Part of my research included joining an Atlas owners' Facebook group before buying to be well aware of potential issues (coolant, etc.) which is now something I recommend anyone to do before they buy a specific car. I usually only average 10,000-11,000 miles per year and have never owned a car more than 5 1/2 years so I feel good with the 6 year/72,000 mile warranty. The warranty also convinced me to go with the 2019 instead of waiting for a 2020 where the warranties are being significantly reduced.

I'm looking forward to Bug-A-Paluza 22 this April in East Ridge, TN and joining the Scenic City Volks Folks.

Thanks,
JW'sVW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts