Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I’ve had this Cross Sport for about six months now, and this is my sixth VW. Came most recently from a TDI Touareg which suffered a $10k oil leak from the timing cover. So I went with an engine that didn’t need to be pulled from the bottom this time.

I’m running a JB4, and most of the other easy bolt ons from a GTI that will fit. Took apart the front to see what kind of intercooler I can stuff in here. Trying a CTS downpipe maybe this weekend. Just trying to squeeze out what I can without grenading the auto.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
View attachment 1873
I’ve had this Cross Sport for about six months now, and this is my sixth VW. Came most recently from a TDI Touareg which suffered a $10k oil leak from the timing cover. So I went with an engine that didn’t need to be pulled from the bottom this time.

I’m running a JB4, and most of the other easy bolt ons from a GTI that will fit. Took apart the front to see what kind of intercooler I can stuff in here. Trying a CTS downpipe maybe this weekend. Just trying to squeeze out what I can without grenading the auto.
Nice! The MQB stuff should all fit I would think. Could maybe do a front-mount? Need to get APR to do an IS38 tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! The MQB stuff should all fit I would think. Could maybe do a front-mount? Need to get APR to do an IS38 tune.
I have been trying to get an APR tune since November. Even offered to let them use my ECU through the local shop. Either they or the shop didn’t want to be bothered I guess. I called three or four times. Supposedly you can run an IS38 with the JB4 and the downpipe no problem, so we’ll see.

Everything has worked except the intercooler. The mounting is very different. At least different enough that it doesn’t appear to be worth trying the direct fit options. I probably could have made the GTI Neuspeed FMIC work with some fabrication, but I’ll try a universal one with easier mounting locations instead for much less money.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
I have been trying to get an APR tune since November. Even offered to let them use my ECU through the local shop. Either they or the shop didn’t want to be bothered I guess. I called three or four times. Supposedly you can run an IS38 with the JB4 and the downpipe no problem, so we’ll see.

Everything has worked except the intercooler. The mounting is very different. At least different enough that it doesn’t appear to be worth trying the direct fit options. I probably could have made the GTI Neuspeed FMIC work with some fabrication, but I’ll try a universal one with easier mounting locations instead for much less money.
They'll want it at their facility for sure. I agree you can use a JB4 to do it. Talk to Ian at Reflect Tuning in NC - he does custom stuff for the MQBs. Also EQT out in CA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts