Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola!

I am brand new to the VW family. We're a family of 5 and have decided to upgrade from a 2010 Audi Q7 to the 2019 VW Atlas SE w/ Tech, Panel and the 20' wheel package. I'm still getting used to the Atlas but so far, I like it. It's a bummer though that to get a heated steering wheel I would have to get the SEL Premium package. Hubby wanted the 2019 Audi but at the entry price point, it didn't seem worth it to me. The Atlas is definitely bigger in terms of all 3 rows in my opinion and at this stage of my life, having 3 comfortable kids for long drives trump the allure of an Audi.

I've already started to customize my Atlas.

Customization so far include:
Chrome delete on the body:
Front grill
SE and V6 emblems
Chrome Atlas piece on the trunk
Window trim

Interior:
LED's:
Footwells
Glove box
Sun visors
Front & rear dome
trunk

TuxMats - full 3-row set
Tray insert for center console

Next up:
Custom VW plate for front plate (dealer drilled holes in the bumper)
Weathertech front and back plate frames
Rightline Gear SUV Tent with Rainfly - Waterproof
Trunk liner

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very Nice and congrats. If you are not required to have front plates why not try the Bumper Plugs and this way it will give you a cleaner look.

·
Registered
256 Posts
With all that customization which is great to see I hope you also got some sort of paint protection done.
If not, its highly recommended and will protect your investment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome. Those are some great changes that you've already made to make the Atlas your own. You would have had to spend quite a lot more to get similar kit in a new Q7.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome. Those are some great changes that you've already made to make the Atlas your own. You would have had to spend quite a lot more to get similar kit in a new Q7.
I'm noticing this trend more often with new VW products, people are retiring older Audi's for newer VW's. The Atlas in some ways can pass as an Audi.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Glad to have a new owner on board, welcome to the community. Good to see you already making some tweaks and I'm sure in the long run that keeping the kids happy will be better for everyone. Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts