Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the 2021 Atlas SE R-Line v6. This is my first German vehicle coming from Honda’s. Getting used to the different ride as its a completely different experience. Looking forward to enjoying this beast.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Welcome to the forum Zsus0886 (y)

Congrats on your '21 SE-R-line, when you get settled in post up a few pictures and give us more updates on your thoughts coming from a Honda.

Again, Welcome !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats! The atlas will be the wife and I first vw and German vehicle as well. We will be picking up ours hopefully in the next couple weeks. Primarily drove Japanese Mazda and subaru.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Loving it so far. Trying to figure out how to put on this front license plate holder that came with the car. The dealer did not install it and it did not cross my mind before I left.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Thanks. Loving it so far. Trying to figure out how to put on this front license plate holder that came with the car. The dealer did not install it and it did not cross my mind before I left.
Great !

Personally I would leave it off until your next dealer visit, they are paid to install it as part of the Pre-Devivery service ;)

·
Registered
2021 VW SEL R LINE 4MOTION
12 Posts
Greetings!

About 3 weeks ago I purchased my 2021 SEL R-Line 4motion and couldn't be more happier with it. However, I too am in the same situation. My salesmen informed me it was just their company practice NOT to drill into the front bumper of these nicer vehicles. I'm glad they didn't since I rather have my front plate mounted onto the front passenger side (Tow hitch) BUT, when I popped the little square cover off (1) the hole is much deeper/ further in than I expected and (2) there are NO threads to screw an after market mounting kit into. Any suggestions anyone??

Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings!

About 3 weeks ago I purchased my 2021 SEL R-Line 4motion and couldn't be more happier with it. However, I too am in the same situation. My salesmen informed me it was just their company practice NOT to drill into the front bumper of these nicer vehicles. I'm glad they didn't since I rather have my front plate mounted onto the front passenger side (Tow hitch) BUT, when I popped the little square cover off (1) the hole is much deeper/ further in than I expected and (2) there are NO threads to screw an after market mounting kit into. Any suggestions anyone??

Thank you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to another dealer not to far from me and they installed for free. They seemed shocked that it was not installed when I first bought the car and wanted to know who was the salesman. I told them the car was not purchased there. I also got VW corporate to get the GM from the dealership I purchased the car from to mail me a check for $50 for not having it installed. I almost got ticket for not having the front plate installed. I begged the ticket agent and said next time Im you writing you up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our dealership doesn’t install the front plate bracket because they sell and trade across multiple state lines and each state is different in front plate rules. I would prefer to mount the bracket myself as there is not anything for the dealership techs to use to line it up perfectly centered. They have to eyeball it.
I haven’t found a plate tow mount for the Atlas or CS. For now, I plan to hold off on mounting a plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings!

Thank you!
My husband and I experienced the exact same issue, so I’m tagging this post in case there are any solutions posted.

We also purchased a 2021 Atlas cross sport SEL R-line, and have not found the correct mounting bracket for the front tow hook. We ordered what we thought was the right one, and noticed the same problem with the hole being too far back and no threading to screw into. So we’ve debated on just attaching our rear plate and then sticking the front plate between the dashboard and the windshield, until we can find the correct bracket (which I’m aware can still get us a ticket, but our temp tag expires in two weeks).

They offered to drill into the front bumper at the dealership, but like someone else said, they were just eyeballing it and weren’t using anything to measure it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My husband and I experienced the exact same issue, so I’m tagging this post in case there are any solutions posted.

We also purchased a 2021 Atlas cross sport SEL R-line, and have not found the correct mounting bracket for the front tow hook. We ordered what we thought was the right one, and noticed the same problem with the hole being too far back and no threading to screw into. So we’ve debated on just attaching our rear plate and then sticking the front plate between the dashboard and the windshield, until we can find the correct bracket (which I’m aware can still get us a ticket, but our temp tag expires in two weeks).

They offered to drill into the front bumper at the dealership, but like someone else said, they were just eyeballing it and weren’t using anything to measure it.
Hey J Thompson I found a plate mount I've been using for a month now and happy with it. Here's the link Store | Sly Brackets and an actual visual of mine in case your interested. It's pricey but, beats having to drill into your bumper plus it's a cleaner look since it mounts lower and within the horizontal fins/struts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey J Thompson I found a plate mount I've been using for a month now and happy with it. Here's the link Store | Sly Brackets and an actual visual of mine in case your interested. It's pricey but, beats having to drill into your bumper plus it's a cleaner look since it mounts lower and within the horizontal fins/struts.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts