Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not new to German cars or vw's it's just been a while. Number one complaint about our new car is the odd throttle response, has anyone installed a "booster' or "commander" ( depending on the brand) to clean - up throttle response ?
Other than the idiosyncrasy's of the lane assist, adaptive cruise, electric brake and steering I like the car. I never knew I needed so much help driving a car, I guess I have been doing it wrong for the last 35 years.

·
Super Moderator
20 Posts
welcome to the forum Jman. I would have to agree I never knew I need so much helping driving a car before.

VW did a nice job on the line assist it makes texting and driving almost legal.

·
212 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jman (y)

I also noticed this as well coming from a '17 Jetta SEL to a '19 Atlas SEL V-6 4/Motion, as with the Jetta I've found ( for me ) to make it seem
more snappy is to utlitize the Auto/Manual shift :giggle:

Again, Welcome !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the 2.0T or the V6?
I have the 2.0T and the throttle response from a dead stop is just too sensitive.
V6 - Seems to take some pedal effort to get moving and then the tranny wants to shift 3 times. I have driven some other cars that have odd pedal feel as well (rentals) but I didn't care that much, I can drive just about anything but when the wife comments on it thats a free pass to mod it and make it better if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts