Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to a car forum and purchasing a new car. I was able to do while a bit of research on the Altas and Cross Sport (maybe too much). After multiple trips to different dealers and negotiations, I finally persevered and got a good deal on my Atlas. Unfortunately I have to now wait for them to locate it and ship it to the dealership. Despite my research, if anyone has some information they are willing to share to a future owner of the Cross Sport please feel free.

·
Registered
106 Posts
New to a car forum and purchasing a new car. I was able to do while a bit of research on the Altas and Cross Sport (maybe too much). After multiple trips to different dealers and negotiations, I finally persevered and got a good deal on my Atlas. Unfortunately I have to now wait for them to locate it and ship it to the dealership. Despite my research, if anyone has some information they are willing to share to a future owner of the Cross Sport please feel free.
Good Morning:

I waited six months for my Atlas Cross Sport SEL, V6, Premium, RLine to be made and delivered. Its the True Grey with Red Leather interior. I love it. Intially had problems with the Remote Start, and the dealtership had to relpace the float in the tank as it was not registering the correct amount of fuel, leading to the logic of no gas to run the remote.
Its a traveling computer, love the automation, and everything about the car, the ride is superb, cabin is very quiet (I added sound insulation to the trunk area and in the front fenders. The 21 inch wheels are superb. Overall for a $53,000 car its excellent. I use the Iphone app alot and the remote start works from anywhere. Go to Utube and watch the various tubes on the car.

Alan W.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Be prepared to visit the gas station a lot. Relatively small fuel tank with relatively low MPGs. If you do a lot of short drives like me, that low fuel light comes on WELL before 300miles.
I recommend using the SPORT or CUSTOM drive mode with sport steering. I think the steering is too light in normal mode, SPORT mode tightens it up. Also, I recommend giving the shifter a quick pull back every time you start the car in order to put the transmission in SPORT mode as the programmed modes above don't "save" the transmission setting. The vehicle defaults back to NORMAL drive mode with every restart. The Atlas transmission program in NORMAL is lousy and shifts gears way too early to get better fuel economy. For example, the other day I was driving up an incline at 27mph and the transmission was already in 5th gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I'm in the same boat as you, currently waiting for the dealership to locate my Atlas Cross Sport! I got a great deal on the SEL Premium R-Line.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good Morning:

I waited six months for my Atlas Cross Sport SEL, V6, Premium, RLine to be made and delivered. Its the True Grey with Red Leather interior. I love it. Intially had problems with the Remote Start, and the dealtership had to relpace the float in the tank as it was not registering the correct amount of fuel, leading to the logic of no gas to run the remote.
Its a traveling computer, love the automation, and everything about the car, the ride is superb, cabin is very quiet (I added sound insulation to the trunk area and in the front fenders. The 21 inch wheels are superb. Overall for a $53,000 car its excellent. I use the Iphone app alot and the remote start works from anywhere. Go to Utube and watch the various tubes on the car.

Alan W.
Do you have a thread on the sound insulation?

·
Registered
106 Posts
For sound insulation, go to Amazon, they have what you need and you will also need a rolling pin to install.
I took out the spare tire and did the entire back of the Cross Sport.
The insulation has a foil top and rubber adhesive backing. It takes time, but makes a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts