Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a engine stall type issue when quickly flooring the accelerator from a stopped or when slowing rolling. it’s happened 4-5 times over the past 8 months. of course dealer can’t duplicate it so they say nothing we can do. this is a safety issue for me as when you “stomp on it” you want it to go. if you gradually press the accelerator all operates fine. anyone experience this condition??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum alanw :smile2:
I have not experienced this issue personally.

2019 Atlas SEL 4/Motion

If I had to take a shot in the dark, I would wonder while your ' Stomping ' if the transmission is
deciding what gear it should be going to ? Try the ' Manual ' mode and see if it's the same :confused:

I always use the manual mode for varied reasons.

Again, Welcome & Good Luck !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a try over the next few days. But the symptons are that of a stall or car not getting gas. If you quickly step on it (not stomp) there is a slight hesitation waiting on the computer to make up its mind on gears - there is a high rev to catch up to antisipated speed. I have another car with firewire acceleration and the feel is completely different - more solid and immedciate response vs. the Vw's high pitch rev to catch up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts