Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice 2 additional options in the digital dash under driving data? I’m seeing road signs (no signs available when selected) and speed warning. I have a 2019 SEL-P so I know road signs isn’t available until 2020 models.

What’s even stranger is after I parked the car the options are gone but I was able to take a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone notice 2 additional options in the digital dash under driving data? I’m seeing road signs (no signs available when selected) and speed warning. I have a 2019 SEL-P so I know road signs isn’t available until 2020 models.

What’s even stranger is after I parked the car the options are gone but I was able to take a photo.
I was thinking if the firmware updated into the 2019, we might be able to turn it on even though its not 'supported' until 2020. I best they use the same hardware already in the 2019, just a software upgrade.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the 2019 SEL P. There is no option to turn on Dynamic Road Sign assist. It apparently uses the "camera" in the rear view mirror to detect dynamic signs. Not sure what good it does. There's already enough crap to gaze at on the dash as it is. I've had my Atlas for almost a year now and still have not found my comfort zone of my digital dash. If there's an update, it didn't get it at the 1st 10k mile check up that I got last week.
Here's a idea of what it does.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking if the firmware updated into the 2019, we might be able to turn it on even though its not 'supported' until 2020. I best they use the same hardware already in the 2019, just a software upgrade.
Do you see "speed Warning" on your Atlas? I'm annoyed this just appeared and is not not available. Don't know what I did different to get the "update." I was actually able to set a speed but I was on such a short trip on city roads I couldn't even see if it worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts