Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 Atlas S yesterday getting myself out of the minivan world...finally! My decision to purchase the Atlas was that we loved the ride and comfort for 3 teenagers. The third row is super roomy compared to most. I am 6’4” and don’t even have the seat all the way back. The drive feels more like a truck but smooth and it handles amazing in the snow. We are very happy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome.

What trucks have you driven? Some people I know suggest its unibody construction really shows through. These are people who come from the Suburban, F150, etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on your new Atlas and welcome to the forum. Did you also have a look at the new Ascent before deciding on this car? The 2.4l 4 cylinder and CVT were deal breakers for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome.

What trucks have you driven? Some people I know suggest its unibody construction really shows through. These are people who come from the Suburban, F150, etc.
I have driven Ford F-250 trucks back in the 90s. We just took the Atlas on a road trip to Kansas City and the ride was very smooth and comfortable. I feels the bumps a bit more in the roads in the neighborhood but I also need to realize my wheel base is shorter than what I was driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure didn’t. I looked at the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, and the Ford Explorer. I like the overall room the most in the Atlas.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's quite the perspective then and probably is sign of what many others have been experiencing with the Atlas (hence its great sales numbers)
I like to think if it wasn't for Audi this might not have happened

1 - 6 of 6 Posts