Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the Atlas and this forum. We just took home our 2019 Atlas S 4Motion with tow package in Reflex Silver with a January 2019 build date. Got factory running boards, Urban Loader roof cargo container, darker window tint, and a few other smaller odds and ends.

Love the ride and the space. We have a Touareg family that consists of a 2007 to 3.6 and a 2008 4.2. We are keeping both and tow a travel trailer with the V8. Have been and continue to be an active ClubTouareg member...so a shout out to anyone else who might be over there also.

The running boards on the Atlas are beyond awesome and I would highly recommend our 3 year old and 5 year old love them. We got another an the way due June 7, hence the larger vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats on getting an Atlas.

If you don't mind sharing, how dark are your tints in front and back? I like how they look.
Also, how much did you end up paying out the door for yours?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Atlas looks great, a nice addition to your stable of VW's. Still waiting on some powered running boards for the Atlas. So far we've only seen them in foreign markets.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We paid 31k for the vehicle and 3k in accessories installed. Vehicle warranty transfers to the accessories when dealer installed. Honesty don't miss the tech and the price is just right for something with AWD and seven seats.

Window tint is 35% over all windows but front. This is the max legal in Oregon. The tint is dark enough in the rear that it is nearly impossible to see in, even standing at the glass and cupping your hands to look in. I had the dealer also do this (actually a dealer third-party party) and very pleased with their work. The "S" models has no rear sunshades, and no model has shades in the third roe, so this was a natural for us with small kids.

Oh an update, a double stroller fits in the cargo box when it is raised...just tried that yesterday!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. The Urban Loader is being replaced because it is coming apart at the seams ...FYI to anyone considering this. We LOVE the Urban Loader as it is by far the largest best shaped roof carrier for bulk...we are hoping this was a one time anomaly, but will report back on how long the replacement lasts as the first one died in less than 2,000 miles.

Seems sunlight melted a glue adhesive used to cover stitching and it just fell apart.

You might opt for something different. I asked the dealer what my options would be if this happens again and was told they would have to look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts