Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning.

I've been hanging around this Forum for about a year now and figured it is time to join. I have a 2019 Atlas SE.
My observation on this car/truck.
Windshield wiper chatter from day one. I just thought they wipers would smooth out over time. But it did not. I brought the car to Platium VW in Hicksville and because the vehicle was over 6 months old. I was told they will not replace under warranty. I only put 5700 miles on the car since new and its a year old.
The second issue is. The rear window defroster does not work. I again brought it to VW and was told it is working. The service adviser placed his had on the window and said "touch it its getting hot" I said your kidding right. I purchased a heat temp gun and checked the window, No change in temp. The light comes on the switch. I also checked with a test light on the grids. No power.
So my question is how many of you are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks
Lenny

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lenny (y)

I have not experienced any of the issues you have, where I'm at both are seldom used.

Have you thought of having another dealer look into this :unsure:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update,
I went back to VW this morning. I brought my test light and heat temp gun with me. I spoke with the manager and showed him that there was no power to the window. He took my vin and went and checked the work order from last week. He comes back and says. I just balled out the service manager for his part in this matter. He said the Tech never tried to trouble shoot the problem. He just hooked up the computer to look for codes. And there weren't any so he went with that. It turned out to be a broken wire on the module. Being I just had my first oil change and not due for another 10,000 miles. I told them that I wanted a Free Tire rotation. And he said whatever it takes to make you happy. So it works for now.

Lenny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts