Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shopping for a 3 row AWD SUV for my family of 4. We test drove the Subaru Ascent, Honda Pilot, Kia Telluride and Toyota Highlander V6 and Hybrid models. Wife was a bit leary of VW because of friends that had bad experiences with Beetles and Passats. Test drove an SEL Premium and was very impressed with the size, power and handling. Saw one on the lot in Racing Green and had to have that color. After some searching ended up getting an SEL V6 AWD. Because of kids wanted a bench seat instead of captains along with the synthetic leather. It had that along with 20 inch wheels and most options on the SEL Premium except for Fender sound, 360 cameras, and automated mirrors. Ended up with Black interior but would of loved to have found a similar one with the Dark Brown. Paid 43k with no financing. The Racing Green color needs to be seen in person it looks almost black in lower light but really pops in the sun. Gets lots of compliments. Love everything about the car thus far except the MPGs but I tell myself I am offsetting the cost because I no longer have to buy premium fuel. Another plus for kids is how easy it is to put the seats up and down and add and remove car seats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the forum Belmontap (y)

Honestly I've never checked the MPG on my V-6, 4/Motion. There has been a few topics on this, take the sites user friendly search feature
for a spin while your waiting on replies ;)

Again, Welcome !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey

Im planning on getting one too but I’m really curious how many miles per gallon do you get ?
Sadly the best I have seen the computer report so far has been 22 mpg. If fuel economy is a concern dont get an Atlas go with the Highlander Hybrid. I love the Atlas and couldnt be happier, the mpg is the only downside in my opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
22mpg is great. With A/C on all the time, and a lot of around-town driving, my average can drop to as low as 19mpg. With freeway-heavy driving, I get 22mpg on average. I just hit 30K miles this week. We love our 2019 Atlas SEL Premium. Welcome to the club!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts