Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My very first VW, its actually for my wife, I'm a Jeep guy and have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. We've only had the VW for 4 days but loving it so far, so quiet and smooth compared to the rough ride with the Jeep.

Looking at ordering a K&N air filter and a few other accessories, anyone see any performance gain or fuel savings?

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech & 2014 VW Jetta SEL w/Fender Audio
43 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats! I can't speak to any improvements yet but I have an aFe pro dry drop in filter coming soon. I have used them in all my vehicles. Easy to maintain and do not need replaced. They also give some better throttle response IMO. Not much but slight and generally I just feel they improve the overall efficiency of the vehicle. Good luck with your, I mean your wife's, new ride (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats! I can't speak to any improvements yet but I have an aFe pro dry drop in filter coming soon. I have used them in all my vehicles. Easy to maintain and do not need replaced. They also give some better throttle response IMO. Not much but slight and generally I just feel they improve the overall efficiency of the vehicle. Good luck with your, I mean your wife's, new ride (y)
What’s the filter and why should I get one? I have never done that with any of my previous cars. Please educate me!
Picking up my 21.5 Atlas Premium RLine next week.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech & 2014 VW Jetta SEL w/Fender Audio
43 Posts
I would grab an aFe Pro Dry drop in. Best value for the price. You will never have to buy another filter as this can be cleaned and re-used over and over again plus it give a bit more engine sound especially on a 2.0T. It also adds a slightly better throttle response in my opinion making the vehicle a tad more spritely. I do not feel an entire airbox kit and replacement will make much of a difference over this drop in either and it will cost substantially more to purchase a kit like that.

Link to filters:

aFe Pro Dry Filter for VW Atlas 2.0 / 3.6

·
Registered
254 Posts
Washable/reusable filters cost at least twice as much as paper disposable filters but if you are keeping the vehicle for years can save you money overall. They typically flow better than the factory filters and some people say they sound better and slightly improve performance by allowing the engine to get more oxygen. I think the effect on performance and fuel economy are minimal at best. On the flip side some people say the increased airflow means you are allowing more particulate into the engine as they filter less effectively. I suppose there is always a tradeoff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts