Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thinking of installing the Forge leveling kit also. How has it worked for you? What if any issues ? Thank you for your feed back
it's worked great so far. between the upgraded wheel/tire combo and the lift I gained an additional 4 inches of clearance. no rubbing at all when driving on normal surfaces. sorry im just getting back to you on this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it took a friend and I about 6-8 hrs on and off if I can remember correctly. it was a while ago. apologies im just getting back to you
No worries! It took me roughly the same time frame. Took two sessions because I installed the rears wrong, put the spacers on top instead of the bottom lol. Overall, love the setup and outcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the forge leveling kit and added some bf Goodrich all terrain ko2 tires to tackle some Colorado off roading. I’ve now got about 12in of clearance compared to the stock 8in. I had previously taken the atlas stock on some moderate 4x4 trails with small crawling spots and it held its own. Looking forward to trying some more trails with the better specs.
Are any other parts needed for the install? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
No worries! It took me roughly the same time frame. Took two sessions because I installed the rears wrong, put the spacers on top instead of the bottom lol. Overall, love the setup and outcome. View attachment 1585
Did you find any instructions online / videos to follow? I have not found anything that shows details of what to do on the front which I am assuming is slightly more involved.

I just got my Forge kit in the mail. I have previously done a spacer lift on a TJ Wrangler and quite a bit of motor work on my Mustang. To that end I feel like I could handle the install however would love a step by step to reference to prepare my head for the job.

Also - beautiful Atlas!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at doing either H&R springs, their coilover kit or custom coilovers from scale suspension that shows you to lift and lower the car within a range.
Did you install H&R springs and coilover. If yes, how's the ride? I'm looking to leave my 2020 Cross Sports with the original height, just want to better the handling

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just placed an order for a set with the fifteen52 traverse MX wheels and Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70R17 Tires. Run into any issues with your install?
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Ran into garage issues and it still is not installed. lol Hope yours went well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries! It took me roughly the same time frame. Took two sessions because I installed the rears wrong, put the spacers on top instead of the bottom lol. Overall, love the setup and outcome. View attachment 1585
hello I am about to do the same set up. I have gone through all the threads but no one ever confirmed if after they did the leveling kit, did you have any issues with your sensors? crash sensor, Lane Transfer Assist, etc... thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got 245/60 on stock 20’s and couldn’t go any bigger without leveling it or getting spacers.
Sorry I know your post is several months old but do you have any pics of your wheels and tires?? This is the same size I want to put on my oem 20s and you’re the only person I’ve seen running them, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Atlas with 2” Forge Motorsports lift kit, 20” Asanti ABL-21 LEO wheels, 265/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, black roof/mirror wrap. Very slight rub at full turn. All done by dealership prior to sale and covered by warranty.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts