Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the dealer demo 2021 Atlas cross sport SEL Premium about a month ago. The nav and app connect were not working at the time and the dealer told me it was a software update issue and it would be fixed in 2 weeks. I reluctantly agreed to take the car. My mistake. Anyway, they brought it in to upgrade the software and they were unsuccessful. I was told it’s a satellite issue and all new vw are having the same issue. And they told me vws that are currently working will not work for much longer. I can’t find anything about it online. Sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2020 CS SEL Tech went if for her first oil change last weekend. They did the software upgrade and flashed the lane keeping software ( factory recall) at the same time. No issues with my Nav or App connections. Haven't found anything online about what you described either. Welcome to the forum C Wyatt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the dealer demo 2021 Atlas cross sport SEL Premium about a month ago. The nav and app connect were not working at the time and the dealer told me it was a software update issue and it would be fixed in 2 weeks. I reluctantly agreed to take the car. My mistake. Anyway, they brought it in to upgrade the software and they were unsuccessful. I was told it’s a satellite issue and all new vw are having the same issue. And they told me vws that are currently working will not work for much longer. I can’t find anything about it online. Sound familiar to anyone?
This happened to my 2021.5 SEL R-Line premium after they replaced the 5F module because of audio going mute. After a software update, Nav and App works, but now the Nav is not displaying in the digital instrument cluster. The dealership says all this is part of the needed software update that VW still don’t know when it will be released. I have requested a buyback of my car; have been dealing with this for more than 2 months.

·
Registered
154 Posts
see my post for fix (inre- remote start)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told they now have the fix for this approved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This happened to my 2021.5 SEL R-Line premium after they replaced the 5F module because of audio going mute. After a software update, Nav and App works, but now the Nav is not displaying in the digital instrument cluster. The dealership says all this is part of the needed software update that VW still don’t know when it will be released. I have requested a buyback of my car; have been dealing with this for more than 2 months.

This is what I received from VW.com Customer Care on my first complaint to them. It took me 3 weeks to get into VW in Daytona and my Altas Cross Sport has been in service 3 times since. I have another appointment next week.

read below....

Thank you for reaching out to us to provide your feedback. We understand that forums may state the same experience. At this time, there is no information to provide regarding a software update. It is best to visit your local VW Dealership to have vehicle concerns addressed. If there is a recall, or software update in the future, you will be notified by mail.

Best,

Jamisha K.
Digital Operations Advocate, Volkswagen Customer CARE

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
3800 Hamlin Rd.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
United States of America

www.vw.com

Information submitted via email communications are subject to our privacy statement, available at www.vw.com/privacy.

After going into service for Audio 3 time and having my EPC light go on and limping to service with 5 cylinders( a fuel injector went bad, 2500 miles on the car) .I have been on the phone and email with customer care.
This is unaccepable and I will not stop complaining
everyone needs to complain.
The biggest discouragement it that I have had 3 Techs tell me not to bother bringing it in due to the case that there is nothing they can do and that they have several on thier list with the same issue.

Call and be a squeaky wheel....
Its a crying shame....I love my car....

Numbers below
800-822-8987
ex 43333
ex 43089

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wish I have seen this blog before I bought my ATLAS SEL 5 days ago ...

I do love it, but have had similar issues in here. My NAV in the center console is static and does not move along the route - it either picks the end point and then an arrow showing where I am off screen. The driver side console works though, and I prefer it. I cant believe I am alone... is there a work around?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wish I have seen this blog before I bought my ATLAS SEL 5 days ago ...

I do love it, but have had similar issues in here. My NAV in the center console is static and does not move along the route - it either picks the end point and then an arrow showing where I am off screen. The driver side console works though, and I prefer it. I cant believe I am alone... is there a work around?
You’re not alone. Check to see if it locates the vehicle in the lower right corner when you turn off 3D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts