Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and from what I've read so far, seem we have some similarities with our new VW Atlas's
I'll list my issues and also resend to some of yours.
1. Gas consumtion is terrible and yes as someone also mentioned, it does not matter what mode you are in
2. My safety indicator on mirrors keeps tripping off. I've mentioned it on every service, to no avail...still keeps happening
3. Odometer reading is way way off. My most resent was 51K to over 90K. Service said today from my service records it looks way off. I'll let you know what they say when I get my car back
4. Shakes starting at 90kn/hr I think warped rotor or loose universal joint. I'll let you know what they say when I get my car back
5. Steering wheel just heating up at the very bottom
6. Remote start. Second time they are trying to fix the key fob

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are encountering some of the widely reported issues with the Atlas. Curious to hear if your dealer is able to address any of the on going issues. What kind of fuel economy have you been seeing?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Coming from V8's that always got within 15-20 MPG's, it was draining my wallet and so far that's what the Atlas is producing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any update on this if your dealer was able to address any of these problems? What kind of mileage is on your Atlas? How are you supposed to keep track of maintenance/service intervals with the odometer being so off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the fact that google is already recommending the search term "2019 atlas problems" concerns me :|
Hmm I searched and nothing. The only thing is the NHTSA where they had a recall for the key in ignition with no sound.:wink2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I haven't come across anything for 2019 either. Nothing has been updated on consumer reports or arfc complaints. I'm guessing little has changed from the outgoing model however.

·
Registered
256 Posts
While no issues come up it does show what people are concerned about and who wouldn't?

Vetting the 2019 before buying after knowing what the 2018 was like is the best move you can make as a buyer rather than getting caught up again.

·
Registered
111 Posts
While no issues come up it does show what people are concerned about and who wouldn't?

Vetting the 2019 before buying after knowing what the 2018 was like is the best move you can make as a buyer rather than getting caught up again.
Yes but making a false statement is not something to look at nicely. Your statement made it look like the 2019 is in trouble and that the web has nothing but bad results. If you are not satisfied then there is no need to bend things to your side wrongly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts