Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My atlas has been at the dealer two months now. I kept getting multiple alerts and alarms. The dealer said it is a known issue and they need to get a part from Germany. At the time I left it off they said they was another customer with same issue. Two months later there are more. That’s one dealership. I Assume this is countrywide and they have thousands with this issue. Every time I call for an update they say “two weeks, the part is back ordered”

Stay away from the atlas!

·
Registered
19 Posts
What's the name of the part? I would see if your state has a Lemon Law. If you were in North Carolina it sounds like you'd meet the state law here!! I'd try to get VW to buy it back directly or use the lemon law. That's what I'm doing for my cross sport which has been in for 3 repairs for the same issue and out of commission over 20 days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agreed, what ”part” and what is it doing. Our carnet module was acting up and giving an ”SOS Emergency” light on the dash. Was told that part was back ordered and it affected the automatic calling the event of an accident. We were told we could still drive it, so we did. 2 months later and still nothing, but ... we had to take ours in for the end link replacement to a different dealer. While there, we told them about the carnet and they scheduled me the very next week to replace (we were never on their back order list at any time). They said while they are on back order, they order them in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I don’t know what it is but it must be an electronic part. The dealer says they have multiple customers with the same problem so I suppose there are 1000s with this problem across the country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts